|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - November 13, 2014|
Agenda Item #7
Ordinance 14-30-DTS20140228-Lakewood Centre-DRI #27-Quasi-Judicial-Shelley Hamilton
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, the Manatee County Land Development Code, and Section 380.06, Florida Statutes, and finding that the Applicant has rebutted the presumption that the proposed changes submitted as a Notification of Proposed Change (NOPC) on May 15, 2014 are a substantial deviation by submitting information that rebuts the presumption by clear and convincing evidence, subject to the conditions of approval established in the Development Order, I move to recommend APPROVAL of DRI #27 and ADOPTION of Manatee County Ordinance No. 14-30, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The request is to:
– Add 796.22 + acres to the Lakewood Centre DRI. The additional property is located south of S.R/ 64,, east of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard, north of 44th Avenue East and both east and west of future White Eagle Boulevard. The NOPC for the DRI has been filed concurrently with an amendment to the Lakewood Centre GDP to add the additional acreage and change the zoning on the additional acreage from A (General Agriculture) to PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use);
– Adopt Ordinance 14-30 for the following changes to the Lakewood Centre Development of Regional Impact:
• Provide Specific Approval of Phases 2 and 3 of the development;
• Reflect the satisfaction of transportation mitigation of impacts of the project through build-out;
• Add the 796.22 + acres to the boundaries of the project; and
• Other amendments for internal consistency.
• The existing Lakewood Centre DRI contains 697.4± acres and is generally located north of .S.R 70 between Lakewood Ranch Boulevard (to the west) and White Eagle Boulevard (fka Pope Road (to the east) and south of Malachite Drive, approximately two miles south of S.R. 64.
• This DRI was approved in three phases in August, 2008 to allow the following uses:
? 3,675 residential units
? 1,774,000 sq. ft. of commercial
? 1,563,000 sq. ft. of office, and
? 300 hotel rooms
• The entitlements for the DRI are not changing.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded on 10-14-14
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Lakewood Center DRI #27-Maps FLU-Zonning-Aerial-11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report-Ordinance 14-30- DRI #27-Lakewood Centre-11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: TBRPC Staff Report-Lakewood Center DRI #27-11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Consistency with State Comprehensive Plan Report-Lakewood Center DRI #27-11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Consistency with Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Report-Lakewood Center DRI #27-11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: LDA-13-03 NW Sector Lakewood Center-11-13-14 PC .pdf
Attachment: Ordinance Lakewood Centre DRI-Ordinance 14-30-11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis-Ordinance 14-30-Lakewood Centre DRI-11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Lakewood Centre DRI27 - Ord. 14-30 - Bradenton Herald - 11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Lakewood Centre DRI27 - Ord. 14-30 - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Master Plan-Map H-Lakewood Center DRI #27-11-13-14 PC.pdf