|Planning Commission Manatee County Government, Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #7
PDR-13-44(Z)(P) – 117 INVESTMENTS, LLC/CADENCE PROPERTY - DTS 20130504 - QUASI - JUDICIAL - MARGARET TUSING
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6828
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-13-44(Z)(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 – A.2, B.1 - B.5, C.1 - C.5, D.1 - D.3; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) exceeding a gross density of one (1) dwelling unit per acre in the UF-3 Future Land Use Category, 2) exceeding a net density of three (3) dwelling units per acre in the UF-3 FLUC, and 3) adjacent to a perennial lake or stream; ADOPTION of the Findings for Special Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 702.6.7 (agricultural setback), 714.8.7 (replacement trees), and 715.3.4 (one canopy tree every 50-linear feet) as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Alexis V. Crespo, AICP, with Waldrop Engineering, as the Applicant’s agent, is requesting approval of a Rezone and Preliminary Site Plan for 38 single family detached residences on approximately 14-acres located north of SR 64 and west of 117th Street East.
• The site is located in UF-3 FLUC (Establish the Urban Fringe – 3 dwelling units per gross acre) and is zoned A-1 (Suburban Agriculture).
• Special Approvals are required because the site is located adjacent to a perennial lake or stream (Gates Creek), the project exceeds the gross residential density of 1 du/ac (2.75 du/ac), and the project exceeds the net residential density of 3 du/ac (5.39 du/ac).
• Specific Approvals are requested to:
LDC Section 702.6.7 – to reduce the required 50-foot separation (35’ + 15’) between active agricultural uses and proposed dwelling units to a minimum 30-foot separation between the agricultural uses to the south and the proposed dwelling units on Lots 35-38 and a minimum 35-foot separation between agricultural uses to the north and the proposed dwelling units on Lots 8-9.
LDC Section 714.8.7 – to reduce replacement tree calipers from 3”/5”/7” depending upon existing tree size to replacement tree calipers of 3”/4”/4”.
LDC Section 715.3.4 – to reduce the requirement for 1 canopy tree every 50-linear feet along rights-of-way to 1 canopy tree per lot.
• The minimum lot size for Lots 8 – 11 is 70’x120’ (8,400 SF) with the remaining lots 60’x120’ (7,200 SF).
• The Applicant is meeting the minimum standards of the LDC and Public Works Standards with respect to roadway width (24’).
• Five-foot sidewalks on are shown on both sides of the internal streets and a 5-foot sidewalk is shown on the west side of 117th Street East.
• Open space acreage is 4.78-acres (35%).
• No wetland impacts are proposed (refer to Stipulation C.3.).
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded via email on 4/9/2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 117 Investment, LLC - Cadence - 20130504.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Requests - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 117 Investment, LLC - Cadence - 20130504.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 117 Investment, LLC - Cadence - 20130504.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - Cadence Property - 05-08-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 117 Investment, LLC - Cadence - 20130504.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment - 117 Investments - Cadence - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - 117 Investments - Cadence - PDR-13-44(Z)(P) - DTS20130504 - 140508 PC.pdf