|Manatee County Government Administrative Building May 4, 2017 - 9:00 am First Floor - Chambers|
Agenda Item #10
PA-16-06/Ordinance 17-14 - SMR North 70, LLC/Lakewood Centre - DTS20160419 - MEPS303 - Legislative - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Plan Amendment PA-16-06/Ordinance 17-14, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Plan
Florida Statutes Chapter 163, Part II
• Darenda Marvin, AICP, with Grimes, Goebel, et al, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Large Scale Map Amendment (300 acres) from the existing future land use category of ROR (Retail/Office/Retail) to MU (Mixed Use).
• The Plan Amendment site is part of the Lakewood Centre DRI and is located north of SR 70 East, south of Rangeland Boulevard, east of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard, and west of West Eagle Boulevard.
• The Lakewood Centre DRI was originally approved in 2008. The amendment request represents an opportunity to provide additional employment opportunities for regional residents in the areas of industrial, research and development, manufacturing and distribution.
• No native habitat or endangered species are within the project site.
• The applicant has also submitted applications to amend the Lakewood Centre DRI Development Order and to amend the General Development Plan. These amendments will limit the industrial square footage to 250,000 square feet (the Land Use Exchange was utilized and decreased 100,000 square feet of retail uses).
• Staff recommends approval.
• On February 9, 2017, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended transmittal. Paul Rutledge abstained.
• A summary of the public comments from the February 9, 2017 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
• On March 2, 2017, by a vote of 6 – 1, the Board of County Commissioners transmitted to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity. Commissioner DiSabatino voted nay due to traffic in small areas and unsure of the locations of the industrial.
• A summary of the public comments from the March 2, 2017 Board of County Commissioners public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
• The following agencies responded with “no comment’ or “no objection:
o Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matter 2016-0882 by email on January 13, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed approval document to email@example.com for distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Lakewood Center PA-16-06.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2- Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 3 - BACK-UP DATA AND ANALYSIS.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 4 - MAPS.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - School District email 11-9-2016.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Agencies Comments.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Ordinance 17-14 - PA-16-06 - Lakewood Centre Plan Amendment.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Public Comments.pdf