|Manatee County Government Administrative Building May 4, 2017 - 9:00 am First Floor - Chambers|
Agenda Item #12
PDMU-06-30(G)(R4) - SMR North 70, LLC and SMR Northwest Land, LLC/Lakewood Centre - 20160467 - MEPS303 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-06-30(G)(R4); APPROVE the revised General Development Plan with Stipulations; GRANT Special Approval for a project in the MU (Mixed Use) Future Land Use Category; subject to Plan Amendment PA-16-06/Ordinance No. 17-14 becoming effective; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Darenda Marvin, AICP, with Grimes, Goebel, et al, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of revisions to the Zoning Ordinance and General Development Plan (GDP) for the Lakewood Centre Development of Regional Impact (PDMU-06-30(G)(R4)). The revisions include:
• Introducing light industrial as an allowable land use;
• The Zoning Ordinance and GDP amendment site is part of the Lakewood Centre DRI southern portion is generally located north of State Road 70 East, south of Malachite Drive, East of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard, and west of White Eagle Boulevard and the northern portion is generally located north of 44th Avenue East, south of SR 64 East, east of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard and west of White Eagle Boulevard.
• The Lakewood Centre DRI was originally approved in 2008. Associated with this Zoning Ordinance and GDP revision, there is an amendment to the future land use category (PA-16-06/Ordinance No. 17-14) from ROR (Retail/Office/Residential) to MU (Mixed Use). This amendment request represents an opportunity to provide additional employment opportunities for regional residents in the areas of industrial, research and development, manufacturing and distribution.
• No native habitat or endangered species are within the project site.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On April 13, 2017, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rutledge was absent.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the April 13, 2017 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0131 on March 7, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Lakewood Centre GDP - PDMU-06-30(G)(R4) PC.pdf
Attachment: 2 - MAPS-AERIALS.pdf
Attachment: 3 - SITE PLAN - GDP.pdf
Attachment: 4 - School Report Lakewood Centre GDP Amendment.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Zoning Ordinance - Lakewood Centre GDP - PDMU-06-30(G)(R4).pdf
Attachment: 7 - Public Comment - Lakewood Centre DRI - Ord. 17-16 20160468.pdf