|May 24, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #28
Agreement for Promotion of Tourism with The Manatee Players
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Elliott Falcione, CVB Executive Director, x5913
Contact: Monica Luff, CVB Sr. Admin. Specialist, x5913
Authorization for the County Administrator to execute Agreement for Promotion of Tourism with The Manatee Players, Inc., and adoption of Budget Amendment Resolution B-16-053.
Code of Laws: 2-29-25 Tourist Development Plan
F.S.S. 125.0104 Authorized uses of Resort Tax Funds
- On February 22, 2016, the TDC unanimously recommended approval.
- This agreement will allow the Bradenton Area CVB to have pre-packaged sponsorship branded venue advertising at the Manatee Performing Arts Center at a cost of $50,000 per year for up to 5 years.
- In return, the Manatee Players will provide the CVB with the following :
- A banner ad on the Manatee Players website during each calendar year for 5 years;
- Space in the Manatee Performing Arts Center lobby for BACVB visitors' guides for 5 years;
- Four comp tickets per show annually for 5 years (based on availability) specifically to be utilized for travel writers, tour operators, or other tourism-related organizations/individuals from the marketplace;
- Use of the private suite during performances (based on availability) specifically to host travel writers, tour operators, or other tourism-related organizations/individuals from the marketplace up to 4 times per year for 5 years;
- Zip code data from ticket sales;
- Manatee Players agrees to review with CVB's brand agency to determine the need to integrate the destination brand elements with their brand elements.
- This initiative will allow us to reinforce our destination brand to first-time visitors.
- This Budget Amendment and request of $50,000 is for the first year of the Agreement. The funds for subsequent years will be included in each respective BACVB Fiscal Year budgets.
- All funds involved are tourism taxes, NOT ad valorem taxes.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send 1 original signed agreement to Monica Luff, CVB
Copy of approved agenda memo to Monica Luff and Eva Galler, CVB, and to Budget office: (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
1030002202548000 CVB Promotions
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
$50,000 per year for 5 years
Attachment: Co Atty Memo.pdf
Attachment: Manatee Players Agree 2016.pdf