|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - May 19, 2015|
Agenda Item #13
2017 Historic Preservation Small Grant Funding
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Authorize Chairman to sign letter to Robert Bendus, Director, Bureau of Historic Preservation, regarding Grant Application.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Certified Local Government
• As a Certified Local Government, the county is eligible to apply for a Historic Preservation Small Matching Grant.
• As a Certified Local Government no match is required under this program.
• The grant program is administered through the State of Florida/Division of Historic Resources.
• The application request is for the maximum award amount of $50,000.
• If awarded grant funding, the proposal is to hire a consultant to conduct a historical survey of buildings within the mid-century modern neighborhood of the Bayshore Gardens district.
• The Scope of Work also includes
• Once the survey is completed, it is hoped this example will encourage other older neighborhoods to participate in historic preservation measures.
• Only 25% of the grant amount is advanced. It then becomes a reimbursement process.
• The Clerk of the Circuit Court has agreed to use their purchasing and accounting divisions to administer the grant.
• Attached is the application in draft form. Additional documentation will be included.
• Staff is requesting a Letter of Support from the Board Chairman.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return original letter with Chairman's signature to Bobbi Roy, Building and Development Services Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: BOCC Approval Letter.pdf
Attachment: 2017 Application - DRAFT.pdf