|May 19, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #18
Reduction of Code Enforcement Fines for Raymond Joseph Walters, Code Enforcement Case Number CE2013070408
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Jeff Bowman, Division Chief, Ext. 6854
Motion to reduce the fines for this case to $1,000.00 (as previously recommended by the Special Magistrate on April 22, 2015), subject to the following conditions:
- The reduced fines shall be paid within 90 days or will revert back to the original fine amount of $7,025.00 for CE2013070408.
- Recording fees need to be collected, which total $40.00.
- Building and Development Services Department Director is authorized to sign satisfactions of liens if the reduced fines are paid.
Section 162.09, Florida Statutes (2014)
- Violation: Work without permits (double slider door was installed on the property without obtaining the required Building Permit and the Certificate of Occupancy/Completion.
- Notice of Violation issued 7/25/2013.
- Special Magistrate Hearing 9/25/2013. Ordered to comply by 10/18/2013 or a $100.00 minimum fine and $75.00 per day fine would be imposed for Section 512.1 and ordered to comply by 11/22/2013 or a $100.00 minimum fine and $75.00 per day fine would be imposed for Section 513.1.
- Complied 12/12/2013 for Section 512.1 and complied 12/30/2013 for Section 513.1.
- Total fines: $7,065.00 plus $40.00 recording fee.
- Property owner offered $1,000.00 plus $40.00 recording fee.
- Special Magistrate Mitigation Hearing 4/22/2015. The Magistrate determined that justification exists to reduce the total fine amount and to forward the request to the Board of County Commissioners with a recommendation to reduce the fine amount to $1,000.00 plus $40.00 recording fee.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a stamped copy of the agenda to Administrative Specialist Laurie Menard (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Code Enforcement Division following disposition.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 5-19-2015 Walters.pdf