|March 22, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #31
FTA Section 5310 FY 2015/16 Joint Participation Agreement (JPA) Notification of Funding Contract No. ARO42
Contact and/or Presenter Information
William Steele, Transit Division Manager, William.Steele@mymanatee.org, (941) 747-8621, x7440
Chad Butzow, P.E., Deputy Director of Field Operations Services, Chad.Butzow@mymanatee.org, (941) 708-7450, x7432
Authorize the Chairperson to execute the JPA with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) for Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5310 "Enhance Mobility of Seniors and Individuals With Disabilities" Program State Fiscal Year 2015/2016 operating funding in the amount of $156,981.00.
Chapter 341, Florida Statutes, Rule 41-2, Florida Administrative Code, Plan 6.0 Mass Transit Element, Resolution R-14-162, Resolution R-15-016.
- The FTA Section 5310 Formula Grant Program is a Federal Transit Administration (FTA) program which provides funding to supporting transportation services to meet the special needs of the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- The 5310 grants are used by Manatee County for capital and/or operational expenditures to support MCAT Paratransit (i.e. Handy Bus) services. The FDOT serves as the "Designated Recipient" for the FTA Section 5310 Program and eligible applicants must apply to the FDOT for FTA Section 5310 program funding.
- On October 21, 2014, the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) adopted Resolution R-14-162 authorizing the execution of a multi-year JPA with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) for Section 5310 Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Program funding. The JPA was fully executed and signed on January 2, 2015, and remains in effect until December 29, 2017. Annual JPAs are not required; however, a mutli-year JPA Notification of Funding (NOF) form is required in order to receive the annual funding allocation.
- On January 27, 2015, the Manatee County BCC adopted Resolution R-15-016, which authorized the submission of an FTA Section 5310 grant application for capital/operating assistance.
- On February 29, 2016, the Notice of FTA Section 5310 Grant Award FPID: 438959-1-84-01 Contract No. ARO42, SFY 2015/16 was received from FDOT. The JPA provides $156,981.00 in operating assistance funding to assist MCAT in meeting the special needs of the elderly and individuals with disabilities for a total cost of $156,981.00.
- The operating funding is a 50/50 cost sharing program with the FTA and Manatee County of $156,981.00. The local share required to meet grant criteria is currently allocated to the FY 2015/16 Paratransit operating budget to support the Manatee County share of costs.
- The FTA Section 5310 operating assistance program affords an opportunity to support/enhance the Handy Bus program to benefit service delivery for the elderly and persons with disabilities in our community.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return three (3) signed copies of 5310 Notice of Grant Award to Edrick Sweeting, Grants Administrator, Edrick.Sweeting@mymanatee.org, x7354, to be forwarded to the Florida Department of Transportation. A fully executed Notice of Grant Award will be forwarded to Board Records upon return.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
435-0012100 Para Transit Operating $156,981.00 County Matching Funds; $156,981.00 Federal FTA Funds; Total $313,962.00
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
The portion of expense in the above cost center is a revenue from FDOT.
Attachment: 2014 FY2015-16 - Sect 5310 - 438959-1-84-01-Contract No.ARO42 - JPA.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R15-016 Signed.pdf