|Manatee County Government Center First Floor, Chambers Work Session 8:30 A.M. - Meeting 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #4
PDW-01-01(P)(R)-DTS20130126-PS Bay, LLC-Parrot Cove Marina-Quasi-Judicial-Shelley Hamilton
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Contact and Presenter:
941 748 4501 ext. 6863
Senior Planning Technician
941 748 4501 ext. 6207
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDW-01-01(P)(R); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plans, 1) showing the proposed line demarking the split in the subject property; 2) showing the proposed/existing development on Parcel 1 for a single family residence, and 3) showing the proposed/existing development on Parcel 2 for a marina; and with Stipulations A.1 - A.7, B.1 and B.2., and C.1 and C.2. as noted by staff; GRANTING Special Approval for 1) a project adjacent to a perennial stream, and 2) a parcel located within the CEA Overlay District (Comprehensive Plan Policy 22.214.171.124.4) and the CHHA Overlay District (Comprehensive Plan Policy 126.96.36.199.4., as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Bob Gertz, representing Parrot Cove Marina, LLC, requests approval of a Preliminary Site Plan to amend the original approval to allow:
- An additional 6 boat slips;
Staff supports all requests, except the elimination the three boat trailer parking spaces.
• The property was zoned PDW in 2002. The original site plan was approved at the same, with a Final Site Plan approved in 2004. Revisions were granted in 2005 and 2006. The site is located off of Cortez Road, at Palma Sola Bay, on 36th Avenue East. The marina has been in existence since prior to 1960.
• At the time of original rezoning, in 2002, Specific Approvals were granted, as follows:
- Reduction of the front yard setback;
• Specific Approvals have been requested for the following:
- Allow development adjacent to a perennial stream; and
Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded on 02/17/2015
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: FLU, Zoning, Aerials maps-PDW-01-01(P)(R)-Parrot Cove Marina-03-12-15PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Parrot Cove - PDW-01-01(P)(R) - DTS20130126 -03-12-2015 - PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Parrot Cove Marina - PDW-01-01(P)(R) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 3-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Parrot Cove Marina - PDW-01-01(P)(R) -Bradenton Herald - 3-12-15.pdf
Attachment: Preliminary Site Plan-PDW-01-01(P)(R)-Parrot Cove Marina-03-12-15 PC.pdf