|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor June 9, 2016 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #6
PA-16-03/Ordinance 16-23 - Plan Amendment - Countywide Amendments - Legislative - Lisa Barrett
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager, 941-748-4501 ext. 6884
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the technical support documents and finding the request to be consistent with the Community Planning Act, as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to recommend Transmittal of PA-16-03, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• As part of staff’s review of the Urban Corridors area, we found that there were general provisions within the Comprehensive Plan that could be updated now, but apply Countywide, not specifically to the Urban Corridors’ amendments (which are being processed as a separate amendment).
• The changes proposed include clarifying existing provisions, resolving inconsistencies and repetition, and updating policies that have already been implemented in the Land Development Code.
• One major change proposed as part of this set of amendments is the gradual elimination of the Land Use Operative Provisions (LUOP) chapter. It is not a common practice in Florida to have such a document, and found that many of the provisions in that chapter are either in the Land Development Code (LDC), should be moved to the LDC, or moved to specific element Goals, Objectives and Policies.
• The Introduction chapter was also streamlined for the same reasons.
• The Definitions chapter was updated to reflect newer definitions included in the Florida Statutes or LDC.
• And the boundaries of the Urban Core were expanded to include additional property.
• Staff recommends transmittal of the plan amendments.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matter 2016-0317 by email.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - PA-16-03 - Ord 16-23 Countywide.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 16-23 County Wide Amt Comp Plan.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance Exhibit A Maps.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance Exhibit B Introduction Chapter.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance Exhibit C Definitions.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance Exhibit D Future Land Use Element.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance Exhibit E Land Use Operatives.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance Exhibit F Traffic Sub-Element.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PA-16-03-Ordinance 16-23 - Comp Plan Amendment Countyside - 6-9-2016 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PA-16-03-Ordinance 16-23 - Comp Plan Amendment Countywide - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 6-9-16 PC.pdf