|June 6, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #38
Meals on Wheels PLUS, Inc.
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri R. Coryea, Director, Neighborhood Services Dept., x3468
Report on the status of request from Meals on Wheels PLUS, Inc., for Emergency Funding to support a deficit in the Meal service for 2016-2017 for $200,000.
Efficiency in Service
- Since 1972 Meals on Wheels has provided nutritional meals for seniors in Manatee County.
- As the population of Seniors has increased in Manatee County so has the request for assistance with Meals.
- Since 2012 the amount of increase for meals requested by seniors is 67,026 while client contribution has decreased in 2016 by $103,645.
- In early March, staff met with the Executive Director of the Agency to review their request and options. The Agency was asked to meet with all areas of the County and Cities in which service to clients was provided to seek financial assistance for cost increase.
- In May, the Agency reported they had completed those meetings and were pending results. Additionally, they have met with United Way and Manatee Community Foundation.
- Staff will be providing a report as to the status of the efforts and any potential assistance from Manatee County.
- Meals on Wheels has requested emergency funds from Manatee County in the amount of $200,000 for the current year to assist with a deficit in Meal cost for 2016 in excess of $372,961.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Request for Meals on Wheels.pdf