|June 21, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #37
Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) Memorandum of Agreement
Contact and/or Presenter Information
William Steele, Transit Division Manager, William.Steele@mymanatee.org, (941)747-8621, x7440
Chad Butzow, Public Works Deputy Director, Chad.Butzow@mymanatee.org, (941) 708-7432
Adopt Resolution R-16-097 which authorizes the Chairperson to execute a Five-Year Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged (FCTD).
Florida Statutes 341; Florida Statutes 427
- Since 1990, Manatee County Government has served as the Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) for Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) services in Manatee County. That designation is effective through September 30, 2016. The CTC designation for Manatee County is made by the Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged (FCTD) and is based upon a recommendation from the Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), which serves as the local Designated Official Planning Agency (DOPA) for the Sarasota and Manatee County TD programs.
- The statewide TD program was developed to improve coordination among transportation services sponsored by social and human services agencies, and to provide funding for transportation service for non-sponsored TD-eligible clients. In its role as the CTC for Manatee County, Manatee County Government coordinates TD trips to qualified sponsored and non-sponsored persons and provides TD trips through the Transit Division/Handy Bus program.
- As the CTC, Manatee County Government receives funding for the provision of TD trips through a formula distribution from the State of Florida Transportation Disadvantaged Trust Fund. In addition, serving as the CTC ensures Manatee County's eligibility for FTA Section 5310 grant for fleet replacement purposes and to supplement the operating funds contributed by the County for provision of TD services.
- On April 12, 2016, at a regularly scheduled Manatee County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) meeting, the BCC passed a motion requesting the Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) recommend to the FCTD, that Manatee County Government continue serving as the CTC for Manatee County. That request was considered by the MPO at their April 25, 2016, meeting and a recommendation was approved and submitted by the MPO to the FCTD. In addition, the Manatee County Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board (TDLCB) on May 11, 2016, agreed to prepare a written recommendation that Manatee County Government continue serving as the CTC; and this recommendation was forwarded to the FCTD.
- To continue Manatee County's designation as the CTC, FCTD staff has prepared a Five-Year Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and forwarded that MOA to Manatee County staff for consideration by the BCC. Once executed by both parties, that MOA will be effective for a five-year period (i.e. from October 1, 2016, through June 30, 2021). An extension of the existing MOA between Manatee County and the FCTD, executed on April 12, 2016, covers the interim period beginning July 1, 2016, and through September 30, 2016. That extension ensures that Manatee County can continue to file for FCTD reimbursements until the FCTD Board's next meeting, which is scheduled for September 2016. The FCTD staff indicated that the FCTD Board will consider the new Five-Year MOA at their September meeting.
- The Public Works/Transit Division staff recommends that Manatee County Government continue as the Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) for the Manatee County service area.
- In State Fiscal Year 2016/2017, Manatee County will receive $641,791.00 in FCTD funding.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward both signed, original MOAs and a certified, signed copy of the Resolution to Ryan Suarez, Transit Planning Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 747-8621, x 7622.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution R-16-097.pdf
Attachment: CTC Memorandum of Agreement.pdf