|June 18, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #29
FY 12/13 Non Profit Agency Funding Agreement Amendment #2 (Adult Daycare)
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams / Human Services Manager / Ext. 3030
Authorization for the Chairman to execute Amendment #2 to the FY 12/13 Community Care for the Elderly funding agreement with Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee, Inc., amending the agreement to change the contract total from $26,298 to $27,918 for the service of Adult Daycare.
Florida Statute Chapter 125
- This Amendment is to restore funding to a client who has recently been released from the hospital and was previously receiving funding. Prior funding was terminated when the client was hospitalized, and we did not expect the client to return home prior to the end of the State fiscal year (June 30).
- County has served as Lead Agency for the Community Care for the Elderly (CCE) grant program for the past thirty-four years.
- CCE grant funds are provided by the state through the West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging, Inc., to provide in-home services to persons sixty years of age or older to prevent or delay premature institutional placement.
- Services provided under the CCE program are case management, emergency alert response button, homemaker, medical transportation, personal care, respite, home delivered meals, adult daycare and prescription payment.
- All services with the exception of case management and medical transportation are provided by the county through subcontract. Case management is provided through the Community Services Department Aging Services Section and medical transportation is provided through the Public Works Department Manatee County Area Transit Division.
- Due to the West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging controlling the waiting list releases, it is not known before hand what service needs are required and as the grant year ends (June 30, 2013) funds are reallocated so services can continue and/or be initiated.
- The proposed reduction in funding contained in Amendment number one did not reflect the unanticipated return in the month of June of a client who had services suspended while hospitalized .
- Amendment number two increases funding for adult daycare by $1,620 for a total not to exceed $27,918 and will allow for this client to return to adult daycare
- Amendment number two will not effect the services of any other clients.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return one fully executed original to Community Services to forward to Meals on Wheels.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$27,918 State Funds / 17390001018 CCE FY 12/13
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs