|June 17, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #45
Resolution R-14-88 Repealing/Rescinding 14th Street West CRA Advisory Board
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri R. Coryea, Director
Neighborhood Services Department
Adoption of Resolution R-14-88 which repeals and rescinds Resolutions R-03-243, which created and established the 14th Street West CRA Advisory Board, and R-11-248, which amended qualifications of members, and abolishes the 14th Street West Community Redevelopment Area Advisory Board, and provides an effective date.
F.S. 163, Part III, Community Redevelopment
Ordinance 02-66 14th Street West Community Redevelopment Plan
- The 14th Street West Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) Advisory Board was established during the initial phase of the creation of the 14th Street West CRA Area.
- While not a requirement, the Advisory Board served as a group of concerned and informed business owners, citizens, and volunteers that dedicated hundreds of hours to promote economic redevelopment in the 14th Street West CRA Area.
- The Area accomplishments span 10 years and over 1.6 million dollars of Tax Increment Financing Funds spent on redevelopment projects in the area.
- The contribution of these Advisory Board members has been extremely beneficial.
- As revenue within the CRA's has diminished greatly, a plan to continue the ability to enhance economic development in the 14th Street West CRA Area is emerging.
- The Board held several work sessions in 2013 and 2014 to discuss the concept of dissolving the 14th Street West and South County Community Redevelopment Areas (CRA) and establishing the Southwest County Improvement District (SWTIF).
- On 01/07/14, the Board directed staff to begin the Steps of dissolving the CRA's and establishing the SWTIF.
- The process of formally removing the reference to the CRA's in the County Comprehensive Plan has been submitted and approved.
- On 6/2/14 the Board adopted Ordinance 14-28, establishing the Southwest County Improvement District .
- A recognition ceremony for the two CRA Advisory Boards is being planned in front of the Board for August 12, 2014.
- Former Advisory Board members will have the opportunity to continue to be a part of the future development of the 14th Street West Area in the SWTIF, through on-going citizen engagement opportunities.
- Staff is requesting at this time the Board take formal action to repeal and rescind the 14th Street West CRA Advisory Board.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Staff has been working with Maureen Sikora to facilitate this action.
Instructions to Board Records
Copy of stamped approved agenda item and Resolution to Cheri Coryea, Neighborhood Services Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 14 Street West Resolution No. R-14-88.pdf
Attachment: Timeline Steps.pdf