|Planning Commission Manatee County Government, Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #4
PDR-14-02(Z)(G) - Velma Jean Steele, Rev. Trust - Amber Glen - DTS20140026 - Quasi - Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6828
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-14-02(Z)(G); APPROVAL of the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1 – A.2, B.1 – B.3, and C.1 – C.4; APPROVING Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 714.8.7 (tree replacement sizes) and 715.3.4 (one canopy tree per lot frontage); as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Paul Corace, Vice President of K. Hovnanian Windward Homes, LLC, agent for the owner, is requesting approval of a Rezone and General Development Plan for 54 single family detached residences. The site is approximately 18.40-acres located at 3208 49th Street East, Palmetto.
• The site is located in the RES-6 (Residential-6 dwelling units/gross acre). The project’s gross density is 2.93 du/ac.
• Staff is requesting and supporting the Specific Approvals to reduce tree replacement sizes and one canopy tree per lot frontage.
• The minimum lot size is 62’x100’ (6,200 SF).
• The project has residential development to the north (Cypress Pond Estates), 49th Street East and Sugar Mill Lakes Subdivision to the south, A-1 zoned property to the east with a single family home, and Coach House Mobile Home Park to the west.
• 5.5 acres (30%) are proposed for open space with passive recreation area and a playground.
• Project access is from Ellenton-Gillette Road and the internal roadways will be dedicated to and maintained by Manatee County.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded via email on 5/13/2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Arial - PDR-14-02(Z)(G) - AmberGlen - dts20140026.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Amber Glen - PDR-14-02(Z)(G) - DTS 20140026 - 06-12-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - PDR-14-02(Z)(G) - AmberGlen - dts20140026.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Amber Glen - PDR-14-02(Z)(G) - 20140026 - 6-12-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Amber Glen - PDR-14-02(Z)(G) - DTS 20140026 - 06-12-14 PC.pdf