|Planning Commission Manatee County Government, Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #3
LDCT-14-04 / Ordinance 14-24 / Land Development Code Text Amendment - Certified Lot(s) - Legislative - Lisa Barrett
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Planning Section Manager
941-748-4501, ext. 6884
Based upon the Staff Report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and in accordance with Section 503 of the LDC, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Ordinance 14-24, amending the Manatee County Land Development Code, as amended, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Staff recommends a Code Amendment to Chapter 9, Subdivision Procedures and Standards, and Chapter 2, Definitions to create a new or third type of subdivision.
• Chapter 9 of the Manatee County Land Development Code sets forth the procedures and standards for subdivision of land within the County.
- A minor subdivision is a residential subdivision containing less than eleven (11) lots or parcels of land and never involves the establishment of a new street.
• The problem with the current code provisions is when a third lot or parcel is created from a tract of land. By today’s requirements, the splitting of a parcel (less than 5 acres each) one time does not require subdivision review or approval by Manatee County. The problem occurs with the second split. Once three lots are created, a plat, requiring County review and approval, is required. Unfortunately, this is not typically discovered until the property owner for the third lot tries to obtain a building permit, at which time, the property owner is told they must plat the one lot. This is often time consuming and costly for a property owner who was only expecting to apply and receive a building permit for the construction of a new home. At this point, it is usually too late to require the overall parcel (first two splits) to also enter into the plat, so one (1) lot subdivisions are often created.
• The review process for the Certified Lot(s) will be administrative.
• Staff recommends approval of the amendment.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded via email on 5/20/2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - LDCT-14-04_ORD-14-24 - Certified Lot - 20140605 PC.pdf
Attachment: Review Procedures - LDCT-14-04_ORD-14-24 - Certified Lots - 140612 PC.pdf
Attachment: Submission Requirements for Completness Review - LDCT-14-04_ORD-14-24 - Certified Lots - 140612 PC.pdf
Attachment: Distribution of Submittals - LDCT-14-04_ORD-14-24 - Certified Lots - 140612 PC.pdf
Attachment: Approval Form - LDCT-14-04_ORD-14-24 - Certified Lots - 140612 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Ordinance 14-24 - Certified Lots - 6-12-14 PC.pdf