Agenda Item #4
PDPI-15-06(Z)(G) Manatee County- Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant (County-Initiated)-DTS20150055-Quasi-Judicial- Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Danielle Walker, Planning Tech II
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDPI-15-06(Z)(G); APPROVAL of the General Development Plan with Stipulation A-1; for a project that was previously granted Special Approval for a project in the Lake Manatee Watershed Overlay; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval to LDC Sections 704.72.4.2 (Screening of Utility Uses) and 715 (Landscape & Screening); as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Phillip Locke, P.E., McKim & Creed, agent for the owner, is requesting approval of a rezoning of a 4.52 acre parcel from A (General Agriculture – 1 dwelling unit per 5 acres) to PDPI (Planned Development Public Interest) and approval of a General Development Plan for the 137 acre Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant.
• The General Development Plan is for the entire Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant facility and includes the following improvements over a 15-year period:
• Biological filter building, plant drain pump station, and backwash pond/tank;
• The proposed improvement are to enhance the quality of the potable water delivered to Manatee County customers. The proposed improvements will not increase plant capacity or staffing requirements.
• Specific Approval - LDC Section 704.72.4.2 – Screening of Equipment, Machinery and Facilities not located within an enclosed building and LDC Section 715 Landscaping and Screening. The justifications for these Specific Approvals include:
• Security of the water treatment plant
• The Floor Area Ratio (FAR) for the project is 0.063 which is an appropriate FAR for the area.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on April 30, 2015.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps Future Land Use, Zoning, Aerial- Manatee County Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant- PDPI-15-06(Z)(G)-6-11-15.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant -6-11-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant - PDPI-15-06(Z)(G) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 6-11-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing- Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant-PDPI-15-06(Z)(G)- Bradenton Herald- 6-11-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Response Letter Final.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit- Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant.pdf
Attachment: GDP- Lake Manatee WTP-6-11-15 PC - dated 5-6-15.pdf