|June 11, 2015 Planning Commission Meeting|
Agenda Item #3
Z-14-05-24/7 Development Holdings, LLC/ SR 70 and 66th Rezone- MEPS360- DTS20140473- Quasi-Judicial- Rossina Leider- Continued from May 14, 2015
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner
Danielle Walker, Planning Tech II
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-14-05, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• This is a straight rezone request for a 2.75± acre vacant site (120,000 square feet) from A (General Agriculture) to GC (General Commercial). The site is within the R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential) FLUC.
• The site is located on the northwest corner of SR 70 and 66th Street East, and until 2014 was part of a bigger property partially developed with educational uses (Braden River High School and Manatee Technical Institute) owns by the Manatee County School Board.
• The R/O/R FLUC list retail, wholesale or office commercial uses which function in the market place as neighborhood, community, or region-serving in the range of potential uses, with a maximum Floor Area Ratio (FAR) of 0.35 and 1.0 for hotels only (special approval is required for projects exceeding 0.25 FAR except for mini-warehouse). R/O/R FLUC exempts commercial projects from commercial locational criteria requirements (i.e. within 1,500 feet of two functionally classified roadways designated as Collector or higher).
• The range of uses permitted in the GC zoning district include retail sales, eating establishment, bank, hotel, office, gas pumps, convenience stores, etc. Developments within the GC zoning district are limited to a maximum building size of 50,000 square feet, with a minimum lot width of 75 feet and lot size of 7,500 square feet, and a maximum FAR of 0.25 (without Special Approval) except for a mini-warehouse (0.35).
• The site exceeds the minimum lot width and lot size for the GC zoning district. The maximum potential building area will be 30,000± square foot, except for a mini-warehouse use which allows a maximum of 42,000± square foot building.
• The site will have direct access to 66th Street East, a two lane local street that provides connection to Braden River High School & Manatee Technical Institute to the north and west, and to Pleasant Lake RV Resort & Campbell Commercial Subdivision to the east. Any potential access point along SR 70 shall be determined by the FDOT at the time of Final Site Plan submittal.
• Compliance with the standards of the GC zoning district and all other requirements of the LDC will be reviewed and verified with future site plan approval for this site.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On May 14, 2015, by a vote of 3-0, the Planning Commission continued the Public Hearing to June 11, 2015, 9:00 AM or as soon thereafter as same may be heard; with Mr. Rutledge abstaining.
• A summary of the public comment from the May 14, 2015, Planning Commission public hearing is in the staff report attached to this memo.
• On June 4, 2015, by a vote of 6-0, the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to August 6, 2015.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps Future Land Use, Zoning, Aerial- SR 70 & 66th Z1405- 6-11-15.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report SR 70 and 66TH ST Rezone 6-11-15.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit- SR 70 and 66TH ST rezone-Z-14-05- 6-11-15 PC .pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - SR 70 and 66th St. Rezone - Z-14-05 - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 6-11-15PC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - SR 70 and 66th Street Rezone - Z-14-05 - Bradenton Herald - 6-11-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statment - SR 70 & 66th St. Rezone - Z-14-05 -6-11-15 PC.pdf