|July 29, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #69
FTA Section 5307 Formula Grant and 5339 Bus & Bus Facilities Programs
Contact and/or Presenter Information
William P. Steele, Transit Division Manager, Ext 7440
Chad Butzow, P.E., Deputy Director of Field Operations Services, Ext 7432
Adopt Resolution R-14-102 to authorize the submittal of applications and acceptance of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) appropriation grant funds for approximately $3,752,710 (5307) and $813,079 (5339) to support Transit related capital and operating expenses. Local share for capital projects is requested to be provided from Transportation Development Credits (previously known as Toll Revenue Credits) in the amount of $750,678 and $203,270 respectively.
Florida Statutes, Federal Transit Administration Act of 1964, Comprehensive Plan 6.0 Mass Transit Element
- The FTA Section 5307 Urbanized Area Formula Grant Funds Program will include funding for preventive maintenance, short range planning, computer hardware & software, purchase/lease miscellaneous support equipment, purchase/install passenger amenities, employee education/training, operating assistance funds, contingency and project administration.
- The FY 2014 Section 5307 Urbanized Area apportionment for the Sarasota/Bradenton, FL UZA is $7,505,420 (Table 3, FTA Federal Register). Sarasota County and Manatee County split these funds equally per executed agreement. Based on the approved split, MCAT will receive $3,752,710.
- This grant funding is listed in the STIP for FDOT FY 14/15, Item No. 4101481. MCAT will respectfully request FDOT Transportation Development Credits in the amount of *$750,678 to be used for the 20% local match for this grant application. This amount represents the required local match for the capital portion of FTA grant *(1.25 x $3,002,710 = $3,753,388 - $3,002,710 = $750,678). The local match of $750,000 for operating assistance funds will be provided via the FY 2014/15 Transit Operating Budget.
- The applications under the FTA Section 5339 Bus & Bus Facilities Formula Grant Funds Programs include federal appropriations in both FY13 and FY14 for eligible capital expenses. The funding will be used to purchase two (2) heavy duty 35' Gillig Low Floor Clean Diesel thirty two (32) passenger buses with two (2) wheel chair securement areas. These buses will replace two (2) heavy duty buses that currently exceed useful life standards. All 35' heavy duty vehicles will have a useful life of twelve (12) years or the accumulation of at least 500,000 miles.
- The FY 13 Section 5339 Urbanized Area Apportionment for the Sarasota/Bradenton UZA is $808,273 (Table 12, FTA Federal Register). Sarasota County and Manatee County splits these funds equally per executed agreement. Based on the approved split, MCAT will receive $404,136.
- The FY 14 Section 5339 Urbanized Area Apportionment for the Sarasota/Bradenton UZA is $817,886 (Table 12, FTA Federal Register). Sarasota County and Manatee County splits these funds equally per executed agreement. Based on the approved split, MCAT will receive $408,943.
- This grant funding is from the FTA Section 5339 Bus and Bus Facilities Formula Grant Funds that consist of $404,136 (FY13 Funding) and $408,943 (FY14 Funding) as listed in the STIP for FDOT Item No. 4345172. MCAT will respectfully request FDOT Transportation Development Credits in the amount of *$203,270 to be used for the 20% local match for this grant application. *(1.25 x $813,079 = $1,016,349 - $813,079 = $203,270).
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please provide three (3) copies of signed Resolution R-14-102 to Edrick Sweeting, Grants Administrator, Public Works Department, Transit Division, 941-708-7450, Ext 7354, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
435-0012000 Transit Operating $750,000; FY14 Section 5307 Urbanized Area Formula Grant Funds $3,752,710; FY13 5339 Bus & Bus Facilities Formula Grant $404,136; FY14 5339 Bus & Bus Facilities Formula Grant $408,943
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Section 5307 FY14 TEAM Application Summary.pdf
Attachment: Section 5339 FY13 TEAM Application Summary.pdf
Attachment: Section 5339 FY14 TEAM Application Summary.pdf
Attachment: FTA 5307 Resolution R-14-102.pdf