|July 26, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #83
Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee Appointments
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Hunsicker, Director, Parks and Natural Resources
Ext. 6001, firstname.lastname@example.org
Reappointment of six members and appointment of one new member to the fifteen member Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee (ELMAC).
Incumbents requesting reappointment are: 1) James "Bob" Nicholson, 2) Scott Tussing, 3) Patsy Ugarte, 4) Deborah Wentworth Lansing, 5) David Landers, and 6) Brad Hawkins.
New applicant requesting appointment is: Timothy Polk.
Resolution 93-55 establishing the ELMAC Committee
Resolution 92-288 establishing uniform policies for advisory boards/committees
Ordinance No. 03-62 expanded membership to fifteen members
- The terms for six seats of the fifteen seats of the ELMAC Committee have expired. Those six current members are seeking reappointment.
- The new applicant requesting appointment will fill an At-Large (1 year term) position.
- One At-Large (1 year term) position remains vacant. This position will be filled as applications become available and, at which time, will be brought before the Board of County Commissioners for approval.
- The nine categories represented are as follows:
(1) member from Chamber of Commerce's Environmental Committee (3 year term), filled by Mike Burton, expires 06/02/2018.
(1) member from the Florida Engineering Society (2 year term) filled by Patrick Healy, expires 06/02/2017.
(1) member with a background/education in Banking or Finance or Real Estate (2 year term) filled by Brad Hawkins, expired 03/11/2016.
(1) member from a local Environmental Group (3 year term) filled by Ingrid McClellan, expires 06/02/2018.
(1) member schooled in Natural Science: Ecology, Biology, Botany, etc. (2 year term) filled by Patsy Ugarte, expired 03/11/2016.
(1) member with a background or education in Active Outdoor Sports (2 year term) filled by Scott Tussing, expired 03/11/2016.
(1) representative from the Agricultural Community (3 year term) filled by Jim Parks, expires 06/02/2018.
(1) representative/employee of the Manatee County School Board (2 year term) filled by Richard Smith, expires 08/11/2017.
(2) At-Large representatives (3 year terms) filled by John McDonald and William "Bill" Webster, both expire 06/02/2018.
(5) At-Large representatives (1 year term) filled by Deborah Wentworth Lansing, expired 06/02/2016; James "Bob" Nicholson, expires 08/11/2016; David Landers, expires 12/15/2016; New Applicant Timothy Polk (1 year term), expires 07/26/2017; one vacancy.
- Terms of service for ELMAC are for one year, two years, or three years.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send copy of approved agenda to Kay Rogers, Parks and Natural Resources Department, ext. 6043, email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: POLK, Timothy.pdf