|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Commission Chambers July 14, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #3
PDC-16-01(P) - (Related to PDC-05-119) - Hallmark Stations, Inc./Rally Lockwood Ridge Road - DTS20160058 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Preliminary Site Plan PDC-16-01(P) with Stipulations A.1–A.5, B.1–B.6 and C.1; GRANTING Special approval for: 1) a project in the Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection Overlay District; and 2) a project in the Special Treatment Overlay District; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval for alternatives to LDC Sections 402.11.D.3 (PDC setback requirement) and 531.51.C (Specific Use setback), and 701.3.B.3 (Figure 7-2, roadway buffer width), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Timothy Healey, P.E., from Frontier Engineer Inc., and agent for Hallmark Stations Inc. requests approval of a Preliminary Site Plan to allow construction of a new 3,123 square foot convenience store, a 3,071 square foot canopy over fuel dispensers/gas pumps and 896 square foot carwash on a 0.88± site at 8471 Lockwood Ridge Road.
• The site is at the northeast corner of Lockwood Ridge Road and University Parkway and currently occupied with a convenience store with gas pumps and carwash.
• In 1987, the Board of County Commissioners (B.O.C.C.) approved a rezone of .98± acres from C to PDC (Z-86-78) zoning district and a Preliminary Site Plan (PDC-86-8) to allow a convenience store with gas pumps.
• On March 20, 2008, the Board of County Commissioners approved Preliminary Site Plan [PDC-05-119(P)] to redevelop the site with a new convenience store, canopy, gas pumps and car wash. The new buildings were not constructed and the approval expired in 2013.
• The site is in the R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential) Future Land Use Category (FLUC). R/O/R FLUC lists retail commercial in the range of potential uses for consideration. Developments in the R/O/R FLUC are not required to meet standards for commercial locational criteria (i.e. located within 1,500 feet of two functionally classified roadways).
• The current PDC zoning is compatible and consistent with the R/O/R FLUC and permits a mix of commercial retail and service uses with Board approval.
• The site is in the Evers Reservoir Watershed Protection and (WP-E) and Special Treatment (ST) Overlay Districts. The intent of a Watershed Overlay District is to protect the quality and quantity of potential and exiting potable water supplies within public surface water reservoirs and their watersheds. The Special Treatment Overlay is to provide additional protection for specific areas of, or resources in, the County that are especially sensitive to or subject to drainage by industrial, mining or major earthmoving activities. This overlay district shall operate in conjunction with the current PDC zoning district for this site. No impact is anticipated with the redevelopment of this site to the Overlay districts.
• The design shows there is an existing entrance connecting Lockwood Ridge Road. There is an existing cross access to the north and east connecting the existing commercial subdivision.
• Twenty-two (22) parking spaces are required and shown on the Preliminary Site Plan. Parking is proposed along the north, south, and west boundaries and west side of the proposed convenience store.
• Sidewalks exists along Lockwood Ridge Road and University Parkway.
• There will be perimeter and interior landscaping around vehicle use areas, as well as landscaping in accordance with LDC Section 701 in perimeter and roadway buffers.
• The project is in the X Flood zone Category. There are no wetlands or known historic or archaeological resources on the site.
• Staff supports the applicant’s requests for the following Specific Approvals: 1) to retain existing reduced roadway buffer widths along Lockwood Ridge Road and University Parkway; and 2) to allow reduced setbacks for the fuel tanks, convenience store and carwash buildings; .
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter #2016-0492 on June 17 and June 20, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Rally at Lockwood Ridge Road - PDC-16-01(P).pdf
Attachment: Maps - Zoning and Aerial Exhibit - Rally at Lockwood Ridge Road - PDC-16-01(P).pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request Letter dated 51216.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis withour appendices - Rally Lockwood Ridge - PDC-16-01(P).pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Rally Lockwood Ridge Road - PDC-16-01(P) - 20160058 - Bradenton Herald.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Rally Lockwood Ridge Road - PDC-16-01(P) - 20160058 - Sarasota Herald Tribune Line.pdf