|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers July 13, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #9
PDMU-05-19(G)(R8) - Northwest Sector - 20170131 - MEPS243 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-05-19(G)(R8); for a project that was previously granted Special Approval for: 1) a mixed use project in the UF-3 and RES-1 Future Land Use Categories; 2) exceeding a gross density of 1.0 d.u. per acre in the UF-3 Future Land Use Category; 3) exceeding a net density of 1.0 gross d.u. per acre in the RES-1 Future Land Use Category, 4) exceeding 30,000 square feet of non-residential uses; and 5) partially in the Evers Reservoir Watershed, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mrs. Katie LaBarr, AICP, with Stantec Consulting Services Inc., agent for the property owners, is requesting approval of a revised Zoning Ordinance and General Development Plan for the Northwest Sector Development.
• A companion application to amend the Development Order and Map H to the Northwest Sector DRI (DRI # 26) is being reviewed under a separate application.
• The 1,518.9 ± acre site is generally located east of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard, south of 44th Avenue East extension, west of Lorraine Road, and north of S.R. 70. A 39.3 acre parcel is west of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard.
• The Northwest Sector DRI and GDP were approved in two phases in November 1, 2007 to allow the following uses:
• 4,422 residential dwelling units (4,072 single family detached and 350 multi-family)
• Seven amendments of the Northwest Sector GDP have been approved by the BOCC, and the current entitlements are the following: 4,522 residential units (3,833 single-family residences and 689 multi-family units), 200,000 square feet of commercial space, 105,000 square feet of office space, and golf course (18 holes), with an option to exchange land uses for a 120 bed group care home.
• This request includes modifying the GDP and the Zoning Ordinance with the following changes:
• Reallocation of acreage and entitlements between parcels will not require traffic related improvements.
• Staff recommends approval of proposed changes.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0348 on June 20, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Northwest Sector GDP - PDMU-05-19(G)(R8).pdf
Attachment: 2 - Maps and Aerials.pdf
Attachment: 3 - General Development Plan.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Ordinance strikethrough underline.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Public Comments.pdf