|January 9, 2014 Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #2
Brownfields Assessment and Revolving Loan Grants
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri R. Coryea, Director
Neighborhood Services Department
Authorize the Chairman to sign
a two Transmittal Letters (one for each grant) to submit a Brownfield Coalition Assessment Grant and Revolving Loan Fund Grant committing the County to the terms of the grant application.
11.1.3 Efficiency in Service Delivery
- 9/24/13 the Board authorized the County to serve as grantee in applying for a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Brownfield Coalition Assessment Grant and a Revolving Loan Fund Grant.
- Coalition Assessment Grants provide funding of up to $600,000 for brownfields inventories, planning, environmental assessments, and community outreach over a three year period.
- Revolving Loan Fund Grants provide funding (up to $1 million) to capitalize a revolving loan fund that provides loans and subgrants to carry out cleanup activities at brownfields over a five-year period.
- The Coalition will be comprised of Manatee and Sarasota Counties, the Cities of Bradenton, Palmetto, Venice, and North Port, and the Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organization.
- A formal transmittal letter is needed at this time to submit the grant applications to the EPA.
- Additional materials will be provided prior to the Land Use meeting as they become available. There is a grant application submission deadline of January 22, 2014, so this is the last Board Meeting before that deadline. The federal government shutdown has delayed the receipt of some items and they are not available at the time of the agenda deadline, but they are expected to be available very soon and will be provided.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return executed letter to Jeanne Watkins, Neighborhood Services Department (email@example.com), for submission with grant applications.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
N/A - transmittal of documents only
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: DRAFT_FY14 Manatee transmittal letter coalition assessment.pdf
Attachment: DRAFT_FY14 Manatee transmittal letter RLF.pdf