|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers January 5, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #15
PDMU-16-13(G) - I.M.G. Enterprises, Inc. (Owner)/OM Cinemas (Contract Purchaser)/Ellenton Theatre - DTS20160327 - MEPS585 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-16-13(G); APPROVE the General Development Plan with Stipulations 1 - 12; GRANT Special Approvals for a project located within the MU FLUC (Policy 220.127.116.11.4) and for a project located adjacent to a perennial stream (Government Hammock) (Policy 18.104.22.168); as recommended by the Planning Commission.
(Commissioner Whisenant Trace)
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Darenda Marvin, AICP, Grimes Goebel Grimes Hawkins Gladfelter & Galvano, P.L., agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a General Development Plan for a medium intensity recreational use (movie theatre – 34,000 square feet) and associated commercial uses (22,800 square feet) for a total of approximately 56,800 square feet on approximately 7.3 acres.
• The Ellenton Theatre project is located at the northwest corner of 60th Avenue East and Factory Shops Boulevard and is commonly known as 5939 25th Street East (Factory Shops Boulevard), Ellenton.
• The parcel is located in the MU (Mixed Use) future land use category.
• Special Approvals are required because the project is located within the Mixed Use Future Land Use Category and is adjacent to a perennial stream (Government Hammock).
• No Specific Approvals are requested.
• Surrounding uses include single family residential (Bougainvillea Place Subdivision), commercial (Ellenton Premium Outlets, North River Village Commercial Shopping Center) and vacant property.
• The Applicant has voluntarily proffered a Schedule of Uses (attached as Exhibit “B” to the zoning ordinance) specifying and limiting the uses within this development.
• Infrastructure to serve the project is located along 60th Avenue East and Factory Shops Boulevard.
• 25% open space is required (the project is within the Entranceway) and approximately 28% if provided.
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
• On December 8, 2016, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rutledge abstained.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the December 8, 2016 Planning Commission is in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0798 on November 7, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Ellenton Theater - PDMU-16-13(G).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Maps.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 3 - GDP SET 102416.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 4 - PD Schedule of Uses.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Ordinance - Ellenton Theatre - PDMU-16-13(G).pdf