|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - January 16, 2014|
Agenda Item #1
PDC-13-30(P)-GERSHONI PROPERTY - RANDALL BENDERSON (DTS20060138)-QUASI - JUDICIAL - STEPHANIE MORELAND
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 3880
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance NO. PDC-13-30(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.3, and B.1; GRANTING Special Approval for; 1) a project in the MU Future Land Use Category; and 2) Entranceway; ADOPTING the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval for an alternative to Land Development Code Sections 710.1.6, 714.8.7, and 715.3.1.(g), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The vacant 1.5± acre site is in an Entranceway of the County (U.S. 301 and I-75) and south of Ellenton Premium Outlets mall. The site is a part of Block 10 of Phillips and Allen’s Re-subdivision and abuts the westernmost part of an established commercial development fronting on 60th Avenue East and U.S. 301 in Ellenton. The site was zoned PDC [PDC-90-07(Z)(G)] on November 29, 1990.
• Randall Benderson, applicant, requests approval of a Preliminary Site Plan to construct a 5,010 square foot eating establishment adjacent to an existing eating establishment, Ruby Tuesday.
• The site is in the MU (Mixed Use) Future Land use Category (FLUC). Retail uses are listed in the Range of Potential Uses for consideration. Special Approval is required for all projects in the MU FLUC and Entranceway.
• According to Policy 220.127.116.11.4 of the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, developments within the MU designation are not required to achieve compliance with commercial locational criteria.
• The site plan shows the proposed building with associated parking to the north, south, east and west. The applicant requests Specific Approval to eliminate four of the required parking spaces.
• The proposed Floor Area Ratio 0.07 is within the intensity guidelines (1.0) of the MU FLUC.
• The proposed maximum height is 35 feet.
• There will be perimeter and interior landscaping around vehicle use areas, as well as landscaping in all perimeter and roadway buffers. The applicant requests specific approval for smaller replacement tree sizes, and to provide alternative planting materials in a perimeter buffer strip.
• Five-foot wide sidewalks are proposed to connect to existing sidewalks connecting 20th Street East, east of the building.
• The project is in the X Flood Zone Category. There are no known wetlands within the boundary of this proposal. There are no known historic or archaeological resources on the site.
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded on 12/18/2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 140116 PC Packet.pdf
Attachment: 140116 PC Site Plan.pdf