|Manatee County Government Administration Building Commission Chambers, 1st Floor 9:00 a.m. - January 14, 2016|
Agenda Item #2
PA-15-03 / ORDINANCE 15-35 - 301 Oxford, LLP - DTS20150269 - MEPS 466 - Margaret Tusing - Legislative
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Bobbi Roy, Agenda Coordinator
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to recommend TRANSMITTAL of Plan Amendment PA-15-03, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Rachel Layton, AICP, with ZNS Engineering, LC, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Large Scale Map Amendment from the existing future land use category of OM (Office - Medium) to ROR (Residential-Office-Retail - 5.13± acres) and RES-12 (Residential – 12 dwelling units per gross acre – 14.31± acres).
• The Plan Amendment site is approximately 19.49± acres of land located on the south side of US 301 at 5111 Oxford Road.
• Various residential properties have continued to develop along the U.S. 301 corridor. There are limited opportunities to provide commercial/office and multi-family residential units within this area. The proposed future land use designations of ROR and RES-12 provide the opportunity to provide these uses to this growing area.
• The parcel is adjacent to U.S. 301, a highly traveled 4-lane roadway, which is suitable for a mixed use project of commercial and multi-family residential.
• Roadway networks, utilities and other services exist in the area.
• The multi-family residential provides the opportunity for diversity in housing type.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on 12/11/2015
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps- Zoning, FLU, Aerials - PA-15-03 - ORD-15-35 301 Oxford.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - 301 Oxford - PA-15-03 - Ordinance 15-35 - Sarasota Herald Tribune Display - 1-14-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - 301 Oxford PA-15-03 - Bradenton Herald - 1-14-16PC.pdf
Attachment: Back-Up Data & Analysis - PA-15-03 - 301 Oxford.pdf
Attachment: School Report - 301 Oxford - PA-15-03.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - PA-15-03 - ORD-15-35 - 301 Oxford.pdf