|Manatee County Government Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #5
PA-14-01 - ORD-14-07 - PLAN AMENDMENT CRA/TCEA - LEGISLATIVE - Kathleen Thompson, AICP
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP
941-748-4501, ext. 6841
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• A recommendation from the Urban Land Institute (ULI) was that in order to promote successful economic growth there was a need to start with a greater focus on redevelopment in the southwest quadrant of the County.
• Homes and businesses in the southwest area of the county have aged and lagged behind other areas of the county in terms of growth and development.
• To encourage redevelopment and provide a funding source in the southwest area, Manatee County is proposing to establish the Southwest (Home Rule) Tax Increment Financing (TIF) district.
• Currently, there are two Community Redevelopment Areas within the proposed SW TIF district boundaries – the South County and the 14th Street West CRA’s.
• The County must dissolve both Community Redevelopment Areas (CRA’s) to create the Southwest Tax Increment Financing District.
• The first step in this task is a Comprehensive Plan text amendment to remove references to and illustrations of the Community Redevelopment Areas (CRA).
• Manatee County will pursue an alternative concurrency and multi-modal approach to the entire SW TIF district, the Urban Core as well as the Urban Infill Redevelopment Area (UIRA) in North County. These changes will be part of future County initiated changes.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Maureen Secoria reviewed and responded.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: FLU Map Series Index Feb2014.pdf
Attachment: Map I - TCEA.pdf
Attachment: Map J - TCEA.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - PA-14-01 - CRA -TCEA - CAO MS REVISION.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newpaper Adv - PA-14-01 - ORD-14-07 - CRA - TCEA - 02-13-14PC.pdf