|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers - 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #5
PDC-14-23(Z)(P)-DTS20140302-University Parkway Shoot Straight-Quasi-Judicial-Shelley Hamilton
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Contact and Presenter:
941 748 4501 ext. 6863
Senior Planning Technician
941 748 4501 ext. 6207
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-14-23(Z)(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations #A-1 through A-3, #B-1 through B-3, #C-1 through C-3, #D-1 and D-2, and #E-1 through E-4; GRANTING Special Approval for 1) a project in the MU (Mixed Use) Future Land Use Category, and 2) a project within an Entranceway, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The applicants have filed this application to rezone the subject property from PDR (Planned Development Residential) to PDC (Planned Development Commercial) to adopt a new Preliminary Site Plan (PSP) for an Indoor Firing Range (University Parkway Shoot Straight). The subject property contains 9.78 + acres located on University Parkway, approximately .43 + miles east of University Parkway.
• The property was rezoned in 1993 [PDR-92-11(Z)(P)] from A-1 (Suburban Agriculture) to PDR (Planned Development Residential) along with a Preliminary Site Plan to allow a House of Worship. At that time, a stipulation was granted to allow a right-in/right-out driveway onto University Parkway, only until such time that Broadway Avenue was constructed to provide another legal means of access. This stipulation will carry over to any approval for the proposed rezoning to PDC as Broadway Avenue still is not constructed.
• The total open space calculation proposed is 35% (2.93 + acres).
• Special Approvals are needed to allow:
1) Any use in the MU Future Lane Use category; and
2) Adjacency to an “entranceway.”
• The site is in Flood Zones “X,” and “A.”
• Water and Sanitary Sewer will be provided; and
• Staff recommends approval with 15 stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on January 14, 2015
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Map FLU-PDC-14-23(Z)(P)-University Parkway Shoot Straight-02-12-15PC.pdf
Attachment: Map Zoning-PDC-14-23(Z)(P)-University Parkway Shoot Straight-02-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Map Aerial 1-PDC-14-23(Z)(P)-University Parkway Shoot Straight-02-12-15PC.pdf
Attachment: Map Aerial 2-PDC-14-23(Z)(P)-University Parkway Shoot Straight-02-12-15PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report-PDC-14-23(Z)(P)-University Parkway Shoot Straight-02-12-15PC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Ownership-UIniversity Parkway Shoot Straight-02-12-15PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement-Shoot Straight-02-12-15PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - University Parkway Shoot Straight - PDC-14-23(Z)(P)- Bradenton Herald.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising -University Parkway Shoot Straight - PDC-14-23(Z)(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune.pdf
Attachment: Preliminary Site Plan-University Parkway Shoot Straight-02-12-15PC.pdf