|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1112 Manatee Avenue West, First Floor Chambers February 11, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #5
PDMU-15-08(P) - American Momentum Bank/Westport - DTS20150157 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-15-08(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 – A.5, B.1 – B.2, C.1 - C.4, D.1 - D.7, and E.1 – E.3; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) located adjacent to a perennial stream (Pearce Drain/Gap Creek) and 2) habitable structures within the 25-year floodplain; as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Donald D. Neu, Neu Consulting, LLC, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for a158-unit residential project with an existing zoning of PD-MU
• The PSP site is approximately 43.74± acres located on south of SR 70 East, on the east and west sides of 37th Street East, north of 39th Street East and commonly known as 5510 39th Street East, Bradenton.
• The project proposes two (2) lot sizes and housing types. A “new urbanism” design is proposed in the eastern center portion of the site. This design incorporates rear loaded garages adjacent to the roadway with “common” open spacing including sidewalks as the front yard.
• The parcel is located in the RES-6 (42.5 acres) and RES-9 (1.2 acres) future land use categories.
• Gross Density: 3.61 du/ac; Net Density: 4.01 du/ac
• Special Approval is required for property adjacent to a perennial stream (Pearce Drain/Gap Creek) and habitable structures within the 25-year floodplain.
• 17.36 acres (40%) are proposed for open space; 30% is required.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by January 19, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P).pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P) - 2-11-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: School Report - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P).pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune Line - 2-11-16PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P) - Bradenton Herald - 2-11-16PC.pdf
Attachment: Preliminary Site Plan - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P).pdf
Attachment: Public Comment - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P) - 2-11-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis minus app. - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P).pdf