|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1st Floor, Chambers February 1, 2018 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #4
PDMU-17-20(P) [related to PDMU-00-02(Z)(G)] Manatee Fruit Company/The Villas at Lockwood Ridge Road 20170324, Quasi-Judicial, Tia Boyd, Planner I
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tia Boyd, Planner I, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Tech/Planning Coordinator,
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Ordinance No. PDMU-17-20(P) with Stipulations A.1-A.2, B.1-B.5, C.1-C.4 and D.1-D.2; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) within the Watershed Overlay Districts and 2) which density is transferred from part of a wetland site to another part of the same project; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approvals; and GRANT Specific Approval of an alternative to Land Development Code Section 402.7.D.1 (to allow a reduced roadway buffer), Section 402.7.D.7 (to allow a reduced front yard setback), and Section 706.7.C (to allow for a variable width wetland buffer); as recommended by the Planning Commission.
(Commissioners Baugh and DiSabatino)
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The agent, Rachel Layton, ZNS Engineering, is requesting approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for 84 single family semi-detached residential units on an approximately 37.19± acre site.
• The site is generally located at the northwest corner of Lockwood Ridge Road and 63rd Avenue East, Bradenton (Manatee County).
• The site is in the RES-6 (Residential – 6) Future Land Use Category and zoned PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use). The applicant proposes a gross residential density of 2.26 dwelling units per acre and a net residential density of 2.93 units per acre which is below the required densities in the RES-6 FLUC.
• Special Approval is required because the site is in the Evers Reservoir Protection Overlay District and density is transferred from part of a wetland site to another part of the project.
• Specific Approval is requested for an alternative to Land Development Code Section 402.7.D.1 requiring a 20’ wide roadway buffer, Section 402.7.D.7 requiring a 25’ front yard setback, and section 706.7.A requiring a uniform width wetland buffer of 30’.
• Site lies in Zone X per FIRM Panel 12081C0317E, effective 3/17/2014.
• The site has 15.95± acres of wetland, no impacts are proposed.
• The site will have one full access along 63rd Avenue East and one emergency exit along Lockwood Ridge Road.
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
• On January 4, 2018, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0606 on December 5, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report Villas at Lockwood Ridge PDMU-17-20(P).pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff Report Maps, Villas at Lockwood Ridge Road PDMU-17-20P 20170324 M719 1-4-18PC.pdf
Attachment: 3 - PSP - The Villas at Lockwood Ridge PDMU-17-20(P) 20170324 M719 1-4-18 PC.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Traffic Impact Statement Villas at Lockwood Ridge PDMU1720P.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Environmental Narrative.pdf
Attachment: 6 - School Report - The Villas at Lockwood Ridge PDMU-17-20(P) 20170324 M719 1-4-18PC.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Special and Specific Approval Request Letter - The Villas at Lockwood Ridge PDMU-17-20(P) 20170324 M719 1-4-18PC.pdf
Attachment: 8 - Newspaper Advertising - Villas at Lockwood Ridge PDMU-17-20(P).pdf
Attachment: 9 - Ordinance PDMU-17-20(P) Villas of Lockwood Ridge.pdf
Attachment: 10 - Public Comments Villas at Lockwood Ridge PDMU-17-20(P).pdf