|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers December 8, 2016 - 9:00 AM|
Agenda Item #5
PA-16-05/Ordinance 16-41 - County Initiated Text Amendment Educational Facilities - DTS20160488 - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the technical support documents, and finding the request to be consistent with the Community Planning Act, as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to recommend Transmittal of Plan Amendment PA-16-05, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Manatee County, its municipalities and the School Board adopted the state required Interlocal Agreement for School Facilities Planning in 2008 and amended the agreement in 2010.
• The Interlocal Agreement established provisions for school concurrency and coordination between local governments and school board on for new school construction and proposed land use actions.
• The purpose of the proposed text amendment is to clarify and correct any inconsistencies between the Interlocal Agreement and the Comprehensive Plan.
• The agreement states public schools are an allowable use in all future land use designations except heavy industrial, conservation and preservation. However, public schools may be allowed in those designations at the discretion of Manatee County.
• Staff recommends transmittal
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0786 on November 17, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Plan Amendment Educational Facilities - PA-16-05.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf