|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers December 7, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #13
PDR-17-16(G) - Woodlands of Manatee, LLC/Coventry Park - 20170259 - M698 - Quasi-Judicial - Tia Boyd, Planner I
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tia Boyd, Planner I, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning & Zoning Tech/Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Ordinance No. PDR-17-16(G); APPROVE the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.3, B.1–B.6, C.1–C.4, and D.1; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) adjacent to a perennial stream; 2) which density is transferred from part of a wetland site to another part of the same project; 3) having habitable structures within the 25 year floodplain; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approvals; and GRANT Specific Approval of an alternative to Land Development Code Section 706.7.C.1 requiring a uniform-width buffer, Section 1001.4.D.1 requiring cul-de-sacs and dead end streets be limited to a maximum length of 800 feet, Section 1001.6.A.1. requiring sidewalks on both sides of the street for a development within 2 miles of a Public Elementary or Middle School, Section 1001.1.C.3 to allow an alternative design for emergency access to serve as a second means of access, and Section 402.7.D.7 requiring a 25-foot front yard setback; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The agent, Rachel Layton, ZNS Engineering, is requesting approval of a General Development Plan for 170 single family semi-detached and detached residential units on an approximately 105.09± acre site.
• The site is generally located west of Erie Road approximately 800 feet southwest of the intersection of Erie Road and 69th Street East (Parrish).
• The site is in the RES-3 (Residential – 3) Future Land Use Category (FLUC) and is zoned PDR (Planned Development Residential). The applicant proposes a gross residential density of 1.62 dwelling units per acre and a net residential density of 2.08 units per acre which is below the required densities in the RES-3 FLUC.
• Special Approval is required because the site is a perennial stream (southern boundary of the site is adjacent to a County maintained drainage easement identified to be a portion of the Cedar Drain), density is transferred from part of a wetland site to another part of the project, and the site is within the 25 year floodplain.
• Specific Approval is requested for an alternative to Land Development Code Section 706.7.C.1 requiring a uniform-width buffer, Section 1001.4.D.1 requiring cul-de-sacs and dead end streets be limited to a maximum length of 800 feet, Section 1001.6.A.1 requiring sidewalks on both sides of the street for a development within 2 miles of a Public Elementary or Middle School, Section 1001.1.C.3 to allow an alternative design for emergency access to serve as a second means of access, and Section 402.7.D.7 requiring a 25 foot front yard setback.
• Site lies in Zones A, AE and X per FIRM Panels C12081C0178E, effective 3/17/2014. Furthermore, the site is partially located within the FEMA 100-year floodplain (Zones “A” and “AE”). Base Flood Elevation varies from 27.27-29.81 feet (NAVD). Project area is also partially located within the county 25-year floodplain delineation of Cedar Drain.
• The site has 60.4± acres of wetland and 4.58± acres of stormwater ponds, no impacts are proposed.
• The site will have one access off Erie Road and one emergency access through 79th Street East.
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
• On November 9, 2017, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rahn was absent and one seat vacant.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the November 9, 2017 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0513 on October 10, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Woodlands of Manatee_Coventry Park - PDR-17-16(G) - 120717 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff Report Maps - Coventry Park PDR-17-16G 120417 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 3 - GDP Coventry Park PDR-17-16G 120417 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 4 - School Report - Coventry PDR-17-16G 120417 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Specific and Specific Approval Request Letter - Coventry Park PDR-17-16G 120417 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Declaration of Restrictive Convenant - Coventry Park - PDR-17-16G 120417 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Site Rehab. Order - Coventry Park PDR1716G 120417 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 8 - Monitoring Well Abandonment Notice - Coventry Park PR1716G 120417BCC.pdf
Attachment: 9 - Newspaper Advertising - Coventry Park PDR-17-16G 20170259 M698 120417 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 10 - Ordinance - Coventry Park - PDR1716G - 20170259 - M698 - 120417 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 11 - Public Comment - Coventry Park PDR1716G 120417 BCC.pdf