|December 17, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #38
Ordinance 13-25 Creekwood DRI13 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, the Manatee County Land Development Code, and Section 380.06, Florida Statutes, subject to the conditions of approval established in the Development Order, I move to APPROVE Ordinance No. 13-25, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
- The request is for approval of an amended and restated Development Order, pursuant to Chapter 380.06, Florida Statutes, for the Creekwood Development of Regional Impact.
- This 816.26 ± acre site is generally located at the northwest and northeast intersections of State Road 70 and I-75. This DRI was approved on August 27, 1985, for a mixed-use project that includes residential, commercial, industrial, offices, and recreation.
- Eight amendments have been approved by the BOCC, and the total amount of development authorized within the latest amendment (08/02/2012) is 1,250 units, 603,000 square feet of commercial space, 800,000 square feet of industrial space, 225,000 square feet of office space, 80,0000 square feet of mini-warehouse, and 100 hotel rooms.
- This request includes modifying Map H and the Development Order with the following changes:
A. Modify the land use of Parcel G from office to residential;
B. Increase the total number of residential units by 112 for a total of 1,362 units and decrease the office square footage by 125,000 square feet for a total of 100,000 square feet;
C. Delete Land Use Condition #1 regarding maximum density in the watershed;
D. Amend the stipulations related to the I-75 bridge approach; and
E. Update the Development Order to reflect terminology changes and department references.
- Parcel G is located on the north side of SR 70, west of I-75, and east of Creekwood Boulevard, approximately ½ mile northeast of the intersection of SR 70 and Creekwood Boulevard at 7715 52nd Terrace E, Bradenton (±20.75 acres) and the present zoning is PDC/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Commercial/ Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts).
- The addition of 112 residential units will not impact the traffic pattern of the surrounding area. The residential use will generate less PM peak-hour trips than the previous approved office complex.
- The proposed modification does not reduce the overall open space and conservation areas of the Creekwood DRI.
- Staff recommends approval.
- The Planning Commission is scheduled for December 12, 2013.
- The Planning Commission’s recommendation and changes will be in an update memo for the December 17, 2013, BOCC meeting.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on November 5, 2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward three certified copies of the executed approval document to Bobbi Roy / Building and Development Services Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning, and Aerial - Ord. 13-25 - Creekwood DRI13 - 12-17-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Ordinance 13-25 - Creekwood DRI13 - 12-17-13BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Ord. 13-25 - Creekwood DRI13 - 12-17-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Map H - Ord. 13-25 - Creekwood DRI13 - 12-17-13BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Ord. 13-25 - Creekwood DRI13 - 12-17-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 13-25 - Creekwood DRI13 - 12-17-13BC.pdf