|December 16, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #34
FDEP Beach Nourishment Contract 14ME1, Amendment #1
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Hunsicker, Director
Authorize the Chairman to execute Amendment #1 to Anna Maria Island Beach Nourishment project agreement 14ME1 with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- The majority of the Anna Maria Island Beach Renourishment Project is part of the federal Manatee County shore protection project which was restored in 1993. Nourishment was completed in 2002. In 2005, a portion of the island received federally funded hurricane recovery nourishment. Restoration of the Coquina Beach segment and the City of Anna Maria segment was completed in 2011.
- This agreement covers a storm repair project using funding scheduled for completion in FY 2013-2014 for storm losses sustained during Tropical Storm Debby.
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP), pursuant to Section 161.091, Section 161.161, Florida Statutes, provides financial assistance to eligible government entities for beach erosion control activities under the Florida Beach Management Funding Assistance Program.
- FDEP has determined that 100 percent of the project cost is eligible for state cost sharing. Manatee County's financial obligation for design, permitting, construction, and monitoring shall not exceed the estimated sum of $3,175,000. Changes that transfer funds from one task to another or that increase or decrease that total funding amount will require a formal amendment to the Agreement.
- The project consists of the placement of material to address Tropical Storm Debby impacts to return the project to full design template.
- Amendment #1 extends the agreement completion date to December 31, 2017, with no cost increase.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send two signed original agreements to Jayne Roberts, Parks & Natural Resources Department, for transmittal to Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Beach Erosion Capital Projects Fund
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 14ME1 Amendment #1.pdf