|December 16, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #16
Grant Agreements with Florida Sports Foundation
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Elliott Falcione, CVB Executive Director (x5913)
Contact: Monica Luff, CVB Sr. Admin Specialist (x5913)
Authorization for CVB Director to execute three (3) Grant Agreements with Florida Sports Foundation.
- The Florida Sports Foundation has awarded the Bradenton Area Sports Commission (a division of the Bradenton Area CVB) with three (3) grants as follows:
- $2,000 grant for the inaugural Bradenton Area RiverFest Regatta to be held on the Manatee River on February 6 - 7, 2015,
- $6,000 for the Bradenton Area International Soccer Invitational to be held at IMG Academy on January 24 - February 28, 2015, and
- $15,000 for the IBERcup International Youth Soccer Tournament to be held at IMG Academy and Premier Sports Campus on March 30 - April 4, 2015.
- The Florida Sports Foundation assists Florida sports commissions with grant monies to secure events that would otherwise be held in other states.
- The Regatta is a family-oriented festival consisting of power boat races, Jet Ski races, and a BMX showcase; 15 - 20 Hydro Foil Boat Racing Teams; crowds expected around 30,000 - 40,000.
- The Bradenton Area International Soccer Invitational consists of 10 - 15 US and international teams (around 300 athletes and coaches) playing throughout the week at IMG Academy.
- The IBERcup consists of 150 - 200 international youth soccer teams playing at both IMG Academy and Premier Sports Campus. This tournament has always been held in Spain and Portugal; however, this is the first time it will be held in the U.S.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Copy of approved agenda memo to Monica Luff: email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Grant Approval Letter.pdf
Attachment: FSF Grant Agreement - Regatta.pdf
Attachment: FSF Grant Agreement - Intl Soccer Invitational.pdf
Attachment: FSF Grant Agreement - IBERcup.pdf