|December 16, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #35
Joint Agreement Between The State of Florida Department of Transportation and Manatee County
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Hunsicker, Director, Parks and Natural Resources
ext. 6001, email@example.com
Authorize Chairman to execute First Amendment to the State of Florida Department of Transportation Joint Participation Agreement, Exhibit A Scope of Services, for implementation of wetland mitigation at Duette Preserve.
Florida Statute 125
- The original Joint Participation Agreement Between the State of Florida Department of Transportation and Manatee County for implementation of wetland mitigation at Duette Preserve and Resolution R-14-129 were presented to the Board of County Commissioners and executed by the Chairman at the September 9, 2014 regular meeting of the Board of County Commissioners.
- This revision to Exhibit A, Scope of Services, of the JPA was initiated by FDOT staff to clarify the language to be more specific to the project.
- The State of Florida has accelerated the construction of the diverging diamond interchange at I-75 and University Parkway.
- This action in turn has accelerated the need to identify and construct environmental mitigation to offset the environmental impacts from the construction of the diverging diamond construction.
- Manatee County was approached by FDOT to investigate options for environmental mitigation to take place on Manatee County property which would be consistent with our own environmental enhancement objectives in many of our preserve properties.
- Manatee County, working with FDOT, identified a suitable mitigation site consisting of drained/impacted wetlands at Duette Preserve in the Lake Manatee Watershed. Implementation of this mitigation project is estimated to cost $2,000,400.
- This project will have the net affect of improving both water quality and water quantity values in the Lake Manatee Watershed at Duette Preserve at no cost to Manatee County taxpayers.
- The County agrees to bear all expenses in excess of FDOT's participation. Provided, however, that the obligation to undertake or complete work, or otherwise bear any expenses in excess of $2 million, shall be subject to annual appropriation by the Board of County Commissioners. Staff believes that the cost estimates are conservative and that reimbursement should cover all anticipated costs.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Provide two executed originals of the First Amendment, Exhibit A, Scope of Services, of the JPA to Kay Rogers, Parks and Natural Resources Department, ext.6043, firstname.lastname@example.org, for transmittal to FDOT for signature.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Sept. 9, 2014 Agenda Package.pdf
Attachment: Legal Reply on First Amendment.pdf
Attachment: First Amendment to JPA.pdf