|December 15, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #28
FY 2015/2016 State Transit Corridor Program FPID No. 410895-1-84-03
Contact and/or Presenter Information
William P. Steele, Transit Division Manager, William.Steele@mymanatee.org, (941) 747-8621 x7440
Chad Butzow, P.E., Deputy Director of Field Operations Services, Chad.Butzow@mymanatee.org, (941) 708-7450 x7432
Authorize the Chairperson to execute Fiscal Year 2015/2016 Multi-Year Joint Participation Agreement (JPA) Notification of Funding (NOF) for State Transit Corridor Program funding. This is a Transit Corridor Program funding agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) in the amount of $484,220.00; FPID No. 4108595-1-84-03, Contract No. AQQ40.
Chapter 341, Florida Statutes, Florida Administrative Code, Plan 6.0 Mass Transit Element, Resolution R-12-197
- The Transit Corridor Program was enacted by the State Legislature to provide funding to support transit services within specific corridors, where services are designed to reduce or alleviate congestion or other mobility issues within the corridor.
- Transit corridor funding is discretionary and distributed by FDOT based upon demonstrated need.
- Eligible Transit Corridor projects must be identified in a Transit Development Plan (TDP), Congestion Management System Plan, or other formal study.
- On September 11, 2012, the Board of County Commissioners approved and executed Resolution R-12-197 authorizing the execution of a multi-year JPA with the FDOT for the State Transit Corridor Program Funding. The JPA was fully executed and signed on September 25, 2012, and will remain in effect until December 29, 2017. Annual JPAs are not required; however, a multi-year JPA NOF (notification of funding) form is required in order to receive the annual funding allocation.
- Manatee County has complied with all the program requirements necessary to qualify as a recipient of the FY 2015/2016 annual allocation of State Transit Corridor Program funding in the amount of $484,220.00.
- Transit Corridor Program funding is utilized as operating assistance to support the Anna Maria Island (AMI) Trolley services, serving the Gulf Drive corridor. FDOT funding for this project has ranged between $288,000 and $749,000 to Manatee County, beginning with the original BCC Authorizing Resolution. This funding will be utilized for operating expenses in the current fiscal year (i.e. FY 2015/2016).
- The FDOT funding is a 50/50 program. Each month the County invoices FDOT 50% of the actual expenses incurred against the current grant funding. In past years the individual available funding was larger than what could be billed in a single year. Once made available the funds are able to be used until exhausted. Thus the County does not start billing against the current year funding until the past year is consumed. The funding associated with this document will provide funding for trolley services 3-4 months into our fiscal year 2017.
- Manatee County local funds are utilized to support the remaining 50% of the operating costs of AMI Trolley operations.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Provide two (2) signed JPA NOF to Edrick Sweeting, Grants Administrator, Edrick.Sweeting@mymanatee.org. A fully executed, signed NOF will be forwarded to Board Records upon return.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
435-0012002, Transit Trolley Operating; FDOT Funds $484,220.00
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution R-12-197.pdf
Attachment: 410895-1-84-01 NOF FY15-16-AQQ40-Manatee.pdf