|December 13, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #37
FY 2016/17 State Public Transit Block Grant Program, Contract AQQ23, FPID No. 410141-1-84-02, Notification of Funding
Contact and/or Presenter Information
William P. Steele, Transit Division Manager, William.Steele@mymanatee.org, (941) 747-8621 x7440
Chad Butzow, P.E., Deputy Director of Field Operations Services, Chad.Butzow@mymanatee.org, (941) 708-7450 x7432
Authorization for the Chairperson to execute:
- Fiscal Year 2016/17 Multi-Year Joint Participation Agreement (JPA) Notification of Funding (NOF) for State Public Transit Block Grant Program funding with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) in the amount of $886,160; Contract AQQ23; FPID No. 410141-1-84-02;
- "Disclosure of Lobbying Activities" form for submission to the FDOT; and
- "Standard Lobbying Certification" form.
Chapter 341, Florida Statutes; Florida Administrative Code 14-73; Plan 6.0 Mass Transit Element; Resolution R-12-196.
- On September 11, 2012, the Board of County Commissioners approved and executed Resolution R-12-196 authorizing the execution of a multi-year JPA with the FDOT for State Public Transit Block Grant Program Funding. The JPA was fully executed and signed on September 19, 2012, and remains in effect until December 29, 2017. Annual JPAs are not required, however, execution of the multi-year JPA NOF form is required to receive the annual funding allocation.
- The Public Transit Block Grant Program was established by the Florida Legislature to provide a stable source of annual funding to public transit and is utilized by Manatee County to support Fixed Route operations.
- The State of Florida Department of Transportation has programmed the funding amount above in the most currently adopted Work Program. Funds are awarded by the FDOT to those public transit providers that are eligible to receive Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5307 (urbanized areas) and 5311 (non-urbanized areas) funding, and to Community Transportation Coordinators (CTCs). The funding for subsequent years is based upon federal and/or state appropriation levels and the state-wide distribution formula.
- The FDOT Block Grant funding cannot exceed the transit funding available from local revenue sources in a given fiscal year. It is the intent of the Department to participate in the project to the level of Department funding encumbered and consistent with Section 341.052. F.S.
- Manatee County has complied with all the program requirements necessary to qualify as a recipient for the FY 2016/17 annual allocation of State Public Transit Block Grant Program funding in the amount of $886,160. This funding is used for operating expenses in FY 2016/17.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return two (2) copies of the Joint Participation Agreement (JPA) Notification of Funding (NOF), the Disclosure of Lobbying Activities form, and the Standard Lobbying Certification Form to Edrick Sweeting, Grants Administrator, Edrick.Sweeting@mymanatee.org, (941) 708-7450 x7354, to be forwarded to the Florida Department of Transportation. A fully executed, signed JPA NOF will be forwarded to Board Records upon return.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
435-9002720 - Transit Operating; $886,160.00
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
The portion of expense in the above cost center is revenue from FDOT
Attachment: Resolution R-12-196.pdf
Attachment: 410141-1-84-02 FY 16-17 NOF.pdf
Attachment: Disclosure of Lobbying Activities Form LLL.pdf
Attachment: Standard Lobbying Certification Form.pdf