|December 11, 2012 Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #36
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Annual Action Plan Substantial Amendment
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Suzie Dobbs, Community Development Manager
Public hearing to receive citizens' comments and adoption of Resolution R-12-245 providing for amendments to R-11-137 and R-12-115 to substantially amend the 2012/13 Community Development Block Grant One Year Action Plan, and adoption of Budget Amendment B-13-021 reallocating grant funds to align revenues and expenditures within the 2010 and 2012 CDBG Annual Action Plans approved by Board.
24 CFR Part 91 (Consolidated Plan regulations)
Manatee County's Citizen Participation Plans
- On June 21, 2011, the Board approved Resolution R-11-127 adopting the Community Development Block Grant 2011/12 Annual Action Plan.
- One June 5, 2012, the Board approved Resolution R-12-115 adopting the Community Development Block Grant 2012/13 Annual Action Plan.
- Resolutions R-11-137 and R-120-115 specifically approved CDBG and HOME activities.
- This substantial amendment reallocates portions of both CDBG and HOME funding.
- This substantial amendment will reallocate the balance of the CDBG funds from the Central County Drainage and Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) activities to increase funding to the Matching Business Grant, 57th Avenue West Sidewalks, and Homeowner Rehabilitation activities.
- In addition, this substantial amendment will decrease the funding in the HOME Homeowner Rehabilitation and HOME Program Administration activities to comply with the first year HOME Voluntary Grant Reduction, authorized by the Board on September 25, 2012 and approved by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Manatee County's Citizen Participation Plan outlines the method of processing a substantial amendment to the Consolidated Plan and/or Annual Action Plan, and each of those steps have been followed in this process, including a thirty (30) day public comment period.
- Manatee County published a notice of the substantial amendment and notice of public hearing in the Herald on November 9, 2012, that initiated the thirty (30) day public comment period. Any public comments received pertaining to this substantial amendment will be included in the transmittal to HUD.
- Following the public comment period, the Board is required to review the proposed amendment, consider any public comments received, and make any adjustments they deem appropriate before approving the amendment for submission to HUD.
- Funding for this substantial amendment is provided by the Community Development Block Grant and HOME programs.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return two certified copies of Resultion R-12-245 to Suzie Dobbs, Neighborhood Services Department (Ext. 3937), and signed copy of Resolution B-13-021 to Candice.Cruz@mymanatee.org, Auditors, and the Finance Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution 12-245 Amend 2011-12 and 2012-13 Action Plans - HOME and CDBG funding.pdf
Attachment: Bradenton Herald AD - SA - Nov 9 2012.pdf
Attachment: Resolution B-13-021 CDBG FY2012 Subtancial Amendment.pdf