|December 10, 2015 - Planning Commission Meeting|
Agenda Item #3
PDR-15-12(P) – STONECREEK HOMES, LLC/RINASCITA PHASE II - DTS# 20150230 - MEPS #454 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Danielle Walker, Planning Tech II
941-748-4501 ext. 6936
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Preliminary Site Plan PDR-15-12(P) with Stipulations A.1-A.4, B.1–B.3, C.1-C.2, and D.1-D.2; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) exceeding a gross density of 4.5 dwelling units per acre in RES-6 Future Land Use Category (FLUC); 2) a project in the Coastal Evacuation Area (CEA) Overlay District; and 3) a project in the CHHA (Coastal High Hazard Area) Overlay District; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approvals and GRANTING Specific Approval for an alternative to Land Development Code Section 402.7.D.7 (reduced front yard setback to 20’) as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Rachel Layton, Agent, for Stone Creek Homes LLC, requests approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for 24 lots for single-family attached residences on a 4.78± acre site on the north side of Cortez Road, approximately ¼ mile west of Palma Sola Boulevard, at 9090 Cortez Road West, Bradenton.
• In 2004, the Board of County Commissioners approved a Preliminary Site Plan [PDR-03-42(P), Gulf View Park, LLC] for 44 multi-family units at a gross density of 9.21 dwelling units per acre in accordance with a Joint Stipulation and Order of Dismissal dated April 13, 1988. That approval has since expired.
• The site is in Flood Zone AE with Base Flood Elevations of 10', 11' NAVD 1988 per FIRM Panel 12081C0284E, effective 3/17/2014.
• The site is in the CEA (Coastal Evacuation Area) and CHHA (Coastal High Hazard Area) Overlay Districts. Special Approval is required per Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Policies 220.127.116.11.4 and 18.104.22.168.4.
• The site is in Hurricane Evacuation Zone A. Manatee County Emergency Management has reviewed the emergency preparedness plan to ensure compliance with the minimum criteria cited in the Comprehensive Management Plan. An updated copy of the preparedness plan is required annually. The nearest shelter is SeaBreeze Elementary at 1.9 miles from the site, approximately five minutes away.
• The site is in the RES-6 (Residential – Six dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC). Suburban or urban residential uses are listed in the range of potential uses for consideration in RES-6 FLUC. Special Approval is required for a gross density (5.02 dwelling units per acre) exceeding 4.5 dwelling units per acre in RES-6 FLUC.
• Planned development is the process required to acquire Special Approvals.
• The project will share access with the adjacent Cortez Subdivision (a.k.a Rinascita Phase One) to the west through a cross access agreement. The existing gated access connects Cortez Road. The proposed internal cul-de-sac road is designed to connect to the main and only existing internal roadway in Phase One (to the west) and will provide frontage for the proposed single-family attached residences in Phase Two. The road will be privately owned and maintained. There are no inter-neighborhood ties planned to the north and east.
• The proposed Preliminary Site Plan indicates the project’s sanitary sewer and potable water will be constructed to Manatee County standards and privately maintained. The projects water and reclaim water will be served by master meters.
• There are no existing natural wetlands on the site only two areas of freshwater marsh which appear to have been created by the impounding of water, which resulted from the filling of adjacent parcels. The design shows a 0.84± acre stormwater pond to be constructed in the southern part of the site.
• 0.44± acres are proposed for recreational acreage. Recreational amenities may include but shall not be limited to a pool, pool house, clubhouse, or nature trail. The Preliminary Site Plan currently shows an amenity center to be reviewed at final site plan stage.
• The applicant requests Specific Approval to reduce the required front yard setback from 25 feet to 20 feet for front loaded garages. If Specific Approval is granted, the proposed setbacks will be as follows: Front yard; 20 feet, Side yard; 0 feet/8 feet and Rear yard; 10 feet.
• Schools servicing this site are Seabreeze Elementary, Sugg Middle and Bayshore High. The School District of Manatee County indicates there is sufficient capacity to support the proposed project in School Service Area 4.
• Five foot wide sidewalks are proposed on both sides of the interior roadway and north side of Cortez Road along the property’s frontage.
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Zonning, FLU, and Aerials - Rinascita Phase II - PDR-15-12.pdf
Attachment: Special and Specific Apporval - Rinascita Phase II - PDR-15-12(P).pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Rinascita Phase II - PDR-15-12(P) - Bradenton Herald - 12-10-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Rinascita Phase II - PDR-15-12(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 12-10-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Letter from Emergency Managment - Rinascita Phase II.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Rinascita Phase II - PDR-15-12(P) .pdf
Attachment: Preliminary Site Plan - Rinascita Phase II - PDR-15-12(P).pdf
Attachment: Staff Report- Rinascita Phase II - PDR-15-12(P) - DTS20150230.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment Letter - Rinascita Phase II .pdf