|Manatee County Government Administrative Building Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - December 10, 2015|
Agenda Item #5
PDR-15-13(Z)(P) – MANASARA CORP / TENNESSEE STREET PROPERTY, LLC / THE OASIS AT UNIVERSITY - (DTS #20150244) - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Danielle Walker, Planning Tech II
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-15-13(Z)(P) subject to Ordinance No. 15-32 amending the Comprehensive Plan becoming effective; APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 – A.4, B.1, C.1 – C.-4 , D.1 –D.6, E.1, and F.1; the MAKING of a Specific Finding that the multi-family buildings exceeding 35-feet in height are consistent with Land Development Code Section 402.7.D.9. in that the development, as approved and stipulated, is compatible with the surrounding area and will not create any external impacts that would adversely affect surrounding development or the entranceway; GRANTING Special Approval for a project exceeding a gross density of 9 dwelling units per acre in the RES-16 Future Land Use Category, adjacent to a perennial stream, and for a project located within the Entranceway; subject to Plan Amendment PA-15-02/Ordinance No. 15-32 becoming effective; as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The site is located in the RES-16 (Residential - 16 dwelling units per gross acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC) (PA-15-02/ORD 15-32).
• The following Special Approvals are required:
• Gross residential density exceeding 9 du/ac (12.7 du/ac)
• Project located adjacent to a perennial stream (Pearce Drain/Gap Creek)
• Project located within the Entranceway
• No Specific Approvals are requested.
• County potable water and waste water are available by connection or extension.
• Sidewalks will be constructed on both sides of Kentucky and Florida Streets. The project provides internal sidewalks adjacent to parking areas that connect the parking areas to the apartment structures. A network of internal sidewalks are provided throughout the development tying the residential units to the amenity areas and service areas such as the mail kiosk.
• Recreational amenities will be provided on 1.26-acres of property and will include a clubhouse with a resort-style entry pool.
• There are no jurisdictional wetlands, native habitat nor endangered species on the project site.
• The project will have primary access to University Parkway via Kentucky Street with secondary access to University Parkway via Florida Street.
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on 11/20/2015
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Zonning, FLU, and Aerials - Oasis at University - PDR-15-13.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis and Approval Letter -Oasis at Univeristy - PDR-15-13(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Oasis at University - PDR-15-13(Z)(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 12-10-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - The Oasis at University PSP - PDR-15-13(Z)(P) - Bradenton Herald - 12-10-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: School Report - Oasis at University - PDR-15-13(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Height Analysis - Oasis at University - PRD-15-13(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Public Comments - Oasis at University - Manasara - PDR-15-13(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Preliminary Site Plan - Oasis at University -PDR-15-13(Z)(P) 12-01-2015.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Oasis at Univeristy - PDR-15-13(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure -Oasis at University - Manasara - PDR-15-13(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure -Oasis at University - Picerne - PDR-15-13(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure -Oasis at University - Tennesse - PDR-15-13(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Renderings - Oasis at University - PRD-15-13(Z)(P).pdf