|December 1, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #18
Realize Bradenton Reimbursement Agreement for Art Walk
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Elliott Falcione, Executive Director, CVB, x5913
Contact: Monica Luff, Sr. Admin. Specialist, CVB, x5913
Authorization for County Administrator to execute reimbursement Agreement with Realize Bradenton for the Art Walk project and Adoption of Budget Amendment B-16-016.
Code of Laws: 2-29-27 Tourist Development Plan
F.S.S. 125.0104 Authorized uses of Resort Tax Funds
- This reimbursement agreement is to help fund the Art Walk project, creating a 3-mile destination experience for visitors in the downtown Bradenton Area.
- The project will include:
- 5 heritage postcard panels to complement the current 10 postcards located on the Riverwalk, including calls to artist and honorariums.
- 3 Village of the Arts gateways, including calls to artist and honorariums.
- Public art murals/panels, including calls to artist and honorariums.
- Public art company services including, but not limited to, securing high quality public art for the historic postcard panels, Village of the Arts gateways, and murals/panels.
- Promotion of Art Walk.
- Signage for Art.
- Development, programming, testing, and execution of a location-based, responsive website to provide an interactive tour of 42 downtown public art works, cultural institutions, historic sites, restaurants, and shops.
- Photography and video, as well as historic research, content development, and professionally written text (for the responsive website).
- The CVB and Realize Bradenton will provide matching funds in an amount up to $100,000 over a 2-year period ($50,000 in FY 2015/2016 and $50,000 in FY 2016/2017).
- This is a one-time expenditure.
- Budget Amendment B-16-016 allows the transfer of $100,000 from reserves in the Tourist Development Tax fund for this expenditure.
- On October 19, 2015, the Tourist Development Council unanimously recommended approval.
- All funds involved with this reimbursement are tourism taxes; NOT general funds.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send one signed original Agreement to Monica Luff, CVB
Copy of approved agenda memo to Monica Luff, CVB, and to the Budget office: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
10300002400 - Other Civic Enterprises - CVB
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Up to $100,000; $50,000 in FY 2015/2016 and $50,000 in FY 2016/2017
Attachment: Realize Bradenton ArtWalk Agreement 2015.pdf
Attachment: ArtWalk Proposed Public Art -- Updated.pdf
Attachment: ArtWalk_existing art.pdf