|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - August 7, 2014|
Agenda Item #2
PA-13-09/Ordinance 14-10 fka 13-42 - Peerage Land Company, LLC - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Plan Amendment PA-13-09/Ord. 14-10 fka 13-42, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The site is generally located within the southeast quadrant of the intersection of 30th Avenue East and 27th Street East,
• The site consists of 7 parcels. The parcels are adjacent to the Fox Crossings [(PDR-12-14(G)] proposal that is under review. It is anticipated that the 7 parcels will be incorporated into the Fox Crossings proposal.
• There are several residential subdivisions within close proximity to the amendment site. Stone Creek and Sugar Ridge subdivisions are to the south of the Fox Crossing proposal with LaSelva Park subdivision to the west and Oak Haven to the north of the proposed Fox Crossing site.
• This is a transmittal hearing.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On April 10, 2014, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comments from the April 10, 2014 Planning Commission are in the staff report attached to this memo.
• On May 1, 2014, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Board of County Commissioners Transmitted to the Department of Economic Opportunity.
• Staff received a “no comment” letter from the Department of Economic Opportunity dates May 29, 2014.
• The following agencies also submitted letters of no comment/no objection:
• The Southwest Florida Water Management District offered general comments in their letter dated May 27, 2014.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on March 7, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - PA-13-09 - ORD-14-10 - Peerage Land Company - 08-07-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PA-13-09 - ORD-14-10 - Peerage Land Company - 08-07-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newpaper Advertising - Bradenton - Peerage - PA-13-09 - 8-7-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertisement - Sarasota Herald - PA-13-09 - Ord. 14-10 - 08-07-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 14-10 - Peerage Land Company - PA-13-09 - 08-07-2014 BC.pdf