|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers August 3, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #20
Z-16-09 - St. John, Argyriadis/St. John Medical - DTS20160607 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Planner - Continued from June 1, 2017
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The 1.51± acre vacant site (65,775 square feet) is located on the southeast corner of the intersection of Moccasin Wallow Road and Ellenton-Gillette Road. The current request is for a straight rezone from A-1 (Suburban Agriculture) to NC-M (Neighborhood Commercial - Medium).
• The site is within the RES-6 (Residential - 6) FLUC, which lists neighborhood retail in the range of potential uses, with a maximum Floor Area Ratio (FAR) of 0.23 (0.35 for mini-warehouse use only). The site is within a commercial node, with frontage along Moccasin Wallow Road and Ellenton-Gillette Road (Arterial roadways) meeting the commercial locational criteria requirements (i.e. within 1,500 feet of two functionally classified roadways designated as Collector or higher).
• The site exceeds the minimum lot width and lot size for the NC-M zoning district. The maximum potential building area will be 15,128± square foot.
• Any potential access points along Moccasin Wallow Road and/or Ellenton-Gillette Road shall be determined at the time of Final Site Plan submittal.
• Compliance with the standards of the NC-M zoning district and all other requirements of the LDC will be reviewed and verified with future site plan approval for this site.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On May 11, 2017, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rhoades was absent.
• On June 1, 2017, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to August 3, 2017.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0209 on April 18, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - St. John Medical - Z-16-09.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Maps and Aerials.pdf
Attachment: 3 - TIS Approval Letter.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Ordinance Z-16-09 - St. John Medical.pdf