|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers August 11, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #2
PDR-16-06(Z)(P) - Neal Communities of Southwest FL, LLC/Tides End - DTS20160173 - MEPS548 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-16-06(Z)(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1, B.1 - B.2., and C.1 - C.2; GRANTING Special Approval for 1) a project in the Coastal Evacuation Area, and 2) a project in the Coastal High Hazard Area; and GRANTING Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Section 402.7.D.7 (reduce required 25 foot front yard setback), and Section 1005.3 Table 10.2 (reduce required parking for a Private Neighborhood Park), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Rachel Layton, AICP, with ZNS Engineering, agent for Neal Communities of Southwest Florida, LLC (owner), is requesting approval of a rezone from A-1/CHHA/CEA (Agricultural Suburban/Coastal High Hazard Area/Coastal Evacuation Area) to PDR/CHHA/CEA (Planned Development Residential/Coastal High Hazard Area/Coastal Evacuation Area) for a ±19.6 acre property located on the south side of 17th Avenue NW, east of 99th Street NW.
• The request includes an associated Preliminary Site Plan for a 38 lot, single family residential subdivision.
• The requested PD-R zoning is consistent with the existing development pattern and zoning of nearby properties and is a logical extension of the residential development pattern.
• This property has a D.5 – Specific Property-Development Condition (D.5.16 in the Comprehensive Plan), which limits the property to a maximum of 38 residential units.
• The RES-3 FLUC provides for a maximum gross residential density of 2.0 du/ac unless a Special Approval is applied for (which requires a rezone to Planned Development), The proposed density is 1.94 du/ac.
• The project is requesting 2 Special Approvals
1. To allow a project in the Coastal Evacuation Area (CEA)
• The project is requesting 2 Specific Approvals
• Staff recommends Approval with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter #2016-0588 on July 20, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Tides End - PDR-16-06(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Maps, FLU, zoning and aerials.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Preliminary Site Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Zoning Disclosure.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Special and Specific Approval Request Letter.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 -Evacuation Tides End Review - Signed 5-23-2016.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - School Board Letter.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Copy of Newspaper Advertising.pdf