|August 11, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #23
Hazard Analysis Contract FY 15/16
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Don Hermey, Emergency Management Chief
Adoption of Resolution R-15-122 accepting the agreement from the State of Florida, Division of Emergency Management for funds in the amount of $7,564.00 with no match required, and authorizing the Chairperson, or in their absence the Vice Chairperson, to execute all related documents; and adoption of Budget Amendment Resolution B-15-074.
- Federal, Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986, also known as Title III of the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SASA): includes 1. Sections 301-303, emergency planning; 2. Section 304, emergency release notification; 3. Sections 311-312, community right-to-know reporting; and 4.Section 313, toxic chemical release reporting.
- Florida Statutes 252 Part 11 (ss.252.81 - 252.90), Florida Hazardous Materials Emergency Response and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1988.
- Florida Administrative Code 9G-6 and 9G-7, Review of local plans
- Manatee County Comp Plan, Section 2 - purpose; page 11, Protect the public health, safety, and welfare.
- The Public Safety Department of Manatee County has been tasked with maintaining the County's Hazardous Materials Hazards Update.
- The original Manatee County Hazardous Materials Analysis was submitted February 16, 1989, and is updated annually in accordance with rule 9G-6 and 9G-7, Florida Administrative Code revised in 1996.
- The Hazardous Materials State Plan is concerned with response to incidents involving hazardous materials releases or spills. This element outlines response for specific facilities for specific chemicals.
- The Hazardous Materials State Plan shall provide a detailed description of the process by which local government protects the public from the health effects associated with a release or spill of hazardous materials.
- The plan should address those specific "extremely hazardous substances" designated by the Federal Environmental Protection Agency which are present within the jurisdiction in quantities above the "threshold planning quantity."
- The funding and guidelines to compile this information and produce the plan are allocated through the State of Florida, Division of Emergency Management, which provides for contracts in the amount of $7,564.00 from the date of execution through June 30, 2016.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return four signed original contracts to Candace Kelly, Emergency Management (ext. 1667) and copies of signed resolutions to Candace Kelly, Emergency Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
State Funding $7,564.00 1739007619 Hazardous Mat Emergency Resp Plan FY16
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Manatee County 15 16.pdf
Attachment: R-15-122 Hazard Analysis Resolution.pdf
Attachment: Budget Resolution Hazard Analysis Grant.pdf