|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1112 Manatee Avenue West, First Floor, Commission Chambers April 7, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #7
PA-15-03/Ordinance 16-20 fka 15-35 - 301 Oxford, LLP - Legislative - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Plan Amendment PA-15-03, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The Plan Amendment site is approximately 19.49± acres of land located on the south side of US 301 at 5111 Oxford Road.
• Various residential properties have continued to develop along the U.S. 301 corridor. There are limited opportunities to provide commercial/office and multi-family residential units within this area. The proposed future land use designations of ROR and RES-12 provide the opportunity to provide these uses to this growing area.
• The parcel is adjacent to U.S. 301, a highly traveled 4-lane roadway, which is suitable for a mixed use project of commercial and multi-family residential.
• Roadway networks, utilities and other services exist in the area.
• The multi-family residential provides the opportunity for diversity in housing type.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On January 14, 2016, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comment heard at the January 14, 2016 Planning Commission public hearing is in the staff report attached to this memo.
• On February 4, 2016, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Board of County Commissioners transmitted the Plan Amendment to the Department of Economic Opportunity.
• A summary of all agency comments received are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on December 11, 2015.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed approval document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps- Zoning, FLU, Aerials - PA-15-03 - ORD-16-20 fka 15-35 301 Oxford.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - 301 Oxford - PA-15-03 - Ordinance 16-20 fka 15-35.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - 301 Oxford - PA-15-13 - Ordinance 16-20 fka 15-35 - Bradenton Herald Display - 4-7-16 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing -301 Oxford - PA-15-03 - Ord. 16-20 fka 15-35- Sarasota Herald Display - 4-7-16 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Back-Up Data & Analysis - PA-15-03 - 301 Oxford.pdf
Attachment: School Report - 301 Oxford - PA-15-03 Ord. 16-20 fka 15-35.pdf
Attachment: Agencies Comments - 301 Oxford - PA-15-03 - Ordinance 16-20 - fka 15-35.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 16-20 fka 15-35 - PA-15-03 - 301 Oxford LLP - DTS20150269 - MEPS466 - 4-7-16 BCC .pdf