|April 25, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #40
Indigent Health Care Service Providers
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri Coryea, Director-Neighborhood Services Department, ext 3468
Joshua Barnett, Health Care Services Manager, ext 3978
Adoption of Budget Amendment B-17-047 to allow general fund transfer of funds designated for providers of health care services and for hospital based services to approved clients for eligible services provided between October 1, 2016 - September 30, 2017.
Florida Statute 125
- Manatee County historically has provided reimbursement to Health Care Providers that provide services to eligible uninsured/underinsured low income residents of the County.
- Providers of Health Care who are enrolled in the HIE network (Health Information Exchange) complete a Physicians Acknowledgment form to participate in the program
- The program is designed to encourage clients to seek services from an eligible Health Care Provider and reduce the number of expensive emergency room visits
- Funding allocated for this program is not to exceed $1,250,000 for the entire program, regardless of the number of Participating Providers
- Funding allocated for Hospital based services is not to exceed $3,021,586 for the entire program, regardless of the number of services provided
- Invoices will be processed in the order received
- Covered services are medically necessary treatments as defined by Medicare: "Health care services or supplies needed to diagnose or treat an illness, injury, condition, disease, or its symptoms and that meet accepted standards of medicine"
- Services covered by insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, or other funding mechanism are not eligible for coverage in this program
- Participation in the HIE.
- Compliance with HIPAA legislation
- Participation in Pilot Programs as approved by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Eligibility is determined at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level and county residency
- Hospitals and Physician Providers may use the county software to determine program eligibility of patients or refer patients to the county for eligibility screenings.
- Reimbursement is at the Medicare rate as defined by CMS
- County Staff will conduct site visits and monitoring
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send copy of budget amendment to Neighborhood Services, firstname.lastname@example.org., email@example.com and to Financial Management, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$1,250,000 - B-17-047 General Fund Health Care for Indigent Care
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
To be determined annually
Attachment: B-17-047 Health Care Funding.pdf
Attachment: 2016 federal poverty level.pdf