|April 2, 2015 Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #9
PDR-14-19(G) - Twin River Phases IV-C and V - DTS20140227 - MEPS16 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-14-19(G); and APPROVE a new General Development Plan for Phases IV-C and V as Option B with Stipulations A.1-A.13, B.1–B.13, C.1-C.8, D.1-D.5 and E.1-E.3; or retaining the existing plan [PDR-99-02(G)(R2) – Option A]; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) adjacent to a perennial stream and partially in the 25-year floodplain; 2) partially in Coastal High Hazard Area; and 3) partially in the Coastal Evacuation Area; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; RESTATE Specific Approvals for alternatives to LDC Section 907.9.4.2 (cul-de-sac length exceeding 800 feet for Streets M, and T), and LDC Section 603.7.4.5 (deletion of perimeter buffer), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
- The overall 1,218.25± acre site is on the south side of Golf Course Road, approximately one mile from the intersection of Rye Road in Parrish. The site is within the North Central Overlay District and is subject to applicable requirements in LDC Section 604.10.
- The Twin River Subdivision was approved on 5/2/2000 for 550 lots for single-family detached residences, a church, daycare, and project sales office. 304 lots were platted in four phases with two phases remaining; Phases IV C and V.
Phase IV-C received Final Site Plan and Preliminary Plat [PDR-99-02/FSP-06-106] approval for 33 lots for single-family detached residences. Phase IV-C has 213.51± acres in the northwest part of the subdivision and is bordered by Gamble Creek to the west.
- Phase V received Final Site Plan and Preliminary Plat [PDR-99-02/FSP-06-30] approval for 191 single-family detached residences. Phase V, has 453.62± acres south of Mulholland Road and extends southward to the Manatee River and westward to Gamble Creek.
- Approvals for Phases IV-C and V will expire March, 2017.
The balance of 246 lots and all applicable previously approved conditions are carried forward with the current request for a new General Development Plan which will replace the prior approved General Development Plan [PDR-99-02(G)(R2)]. According to LDC Section 508.8.2.1, General Development Plans in effect as of January 1, 2012, shall not expire.
- The current request seeks approval to amend Phase IV-C and Phase V to allow a total of 576 lots for single-family detached residences; 89 lots in Phase IV-C and 487 in Phase V.
- The proposed maximum number of lots for the entire Twin River Subdivision is 880 lots for single-family detached residences, an overall increase of 330 lots (880-550 =330). Therefore, 246 lots (not yet constructed) plus 330 lots = 576 lots are proposed.
- Special Approval is required because the site is adjacent to a perennial stream and partially in the 25-year floodplain, partially in the Coastal Evacuation Area (CEA), and Coastal High Hazard Area (CHHA). Staff recommends a Hurricane Evacuation Plan be updated and approved by the Emergency Management Division of the Public Safety Department.
- The site is in A, AE, and X Flood Zone Categories, FIRM Panel 12081C0195E, effective March 17, 2014.
- The site is in the UF-3 (Urban Fringe-three dwelling units per acre) FLUC. UF-3 lists suburban or urban residential uses in the range of potential uses for consideration. The overall Twin River Subdivision will be developed at a gross density of 0.77 dwelling units per acre. This gross density is consistent with the maximum gross density threshold (3 du/acre) for UF-3 FLUC.
- Access to each phase will connect an existing spine road (Twin Rivers Trail) which extends (north to south) through the Twin River Subdivision and connects Golf Course Road.
- The existing Twin River Subdivision also has inter-neighborhood ties to Twin Rivers II Subdivision to the east. Twin Rivers II also has an entrance connecting Golf Course Road.
- There are 46.14± acres of wetlands and 15.11± acres of wetland buffers in Phase IV-C. Phase V has 117.84± acres of wetlands and 30.21± acres of wetland buffers. Minimal wetland impacts of 0.014± acres or 627 square feet are proposed.
- Schools servicing this site are Annie Lucy Williams Elementary, Buffalo Creek Middle and Palmetto High schools.
- The applicant hosted a neighborhood meeting with the residents. The site plan was revised to show lots for single-family detached residences only.
- Staff has a concern that existing residences along the spine road (Twin Rivers Trail) may experience some adverse impacts relative to noises associated with construction and construction traffic traveling to Phases IV-C and V. Staff recommends a stipulation to condition construction hours to occur between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
- On March 12, 2015, by a vote of 5 – 2, the Planning Commission recommended denial. Mr. Rutledge and Mr. Conerly voted nay stating based on fact the project meets the Comprehensive Plan and the Land Development Code and staff has recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded on February 12, 2015 and March 3, 2015.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning, two Aerials - Twin River Phase IV-C and V - PDR-14-19(G) - 4-2-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Twin River Phase IV-C and V - PDR-14-19(G) - 4-2-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Request for Specific Approval letter-Twin River Phase IV-C and V - PDR-14-19(G) - 4-2-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Twin River PHase IV-C and V - PDR-14-19(G) - Bradenton Herald - 4-2-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Twin Rivers PHase IV-C and V - PDR-14-19(G) - Sarasota Herald - 4-2-15.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Twin Rivers Phase IV-C and V - PDR-14-19(G) - 4-2-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: General Development Plan - Option A - Twin River Phase IV-C and V - PDR-14-19(G) - 4-2-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: General Development Plan - Option B - Twin River Phase IV-C and V - PDR-14-19(G) - 4-2-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - Twin River Phases IV C and V - PDR-14-19(G) - 4-2-15BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comments letters - Twin Rivers Phase IV-C and V - PDR-14-19(G) - 4-2-15 BC.pdf