|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1112 Manatee Avenue West, First Floor Chambers April 14, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #3
Ordinance 16-25 - Gateway North DRI21 (aka: Artisan Lakes) - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Florida Statutes Section 380.06
• The request is for approval of an amended and restated Development Order, pursuant to Chapter 380.06, Florida Statutes for the Gateway North Development of Regional Impact (A/K/A Artisan Lakes).
• The 1,039.2± acre site is generally located northwest of the intersection of I-75 and Moccasin Wallow Road. This DRI was originally approved on April 9, 1992 for a 1,065-acre multi-use development. Five amendments have been approved by the BOCC, and the total amount of development authorized within the latest amendment (12/02/2010) is 2,800 residential units, 445,200 square feet of commercial space, 397,500 square feet of office/warehouse space, and 960,500 square feet of office space. The project also includes a 20-acre school site, a 15.5-acre recreation center, and a 24.3-acre park (dedicated to Manatee County).
• This request includes modifying Map H and the Development Order with the following changes:
o Reflect previously granted legislative extensions, and
• Accompanying the amendment to the DRI as a Notice of Proposed Change (NOPC), the applicant requests an amendment to the General Development Plan and Zoning Ordinance under a separate application.
• The build-out date for Phases 1, 2, and 3 is updated to reflect legislative approved extensions granted by HB 7207 (4 year extension), and F.S. 252.363 (326 days + 60 days and 6 months) as follows:
o Phase 1: from 02/20/2022 to 09/13//2027
• The applicant has prepared an updated proportionate share calculation for Phase 1 of the Gateway North DRI, in order to address transportation deficiencies caused by non-project traffic as defined by current law (State Community Planning Act). Phases 2 and 3 shall remain conceptually-approved and subject to further transportation, air quality and affordable/workforce housing analysis. The proposed change has been reviewed concurrently by the TBRPC, Manatee County, and FDOT.
• The Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council (TBRPC) has completed their review of the project, and issued a NOPC Report that was considered at the February 8th, 2016 TBRPC Council Meeting.
• Staff has no objection to the proposed modifications to the Gateway North Development Order since:
o the updated phase and project buildout dates are merely a reflection of previously granted legislative extensions, and
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on March 18, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Gateway North DRI21 - Ordinance 16-25.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Ordinance 16-25 -Gateway North DRI21.pdf
Attachment: NOPC Report - Gateway North DRI - Ordinance 16-25.pdf
Attachment: Extension Letters - Gateway North DRI21 - Ordinance 16-25.pdf
Attachment: CLOS-10-047 - Gateway North DRI21 - Ordinance 16-25.pdf
Attachment: Transportation Analysis without appendices - Ordinance 16-25 - Gateway North DRI21.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Gateway North DRI21 - Ordinance 16-25 - Sarasota Herald Tribune Line - 4-14-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Gateway North DRI21 - Ordinance 16-25 - Bradenton Herald Line - 4-14-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Map H - Gateway North DRI21 - Ordinance 16-25.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Gateway North DRI21 - Ordinance 16-25.pdf